1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 377     0 

BMO Field

Re: NAME ANNOUNCEMENT THURSDAY 11TH MAY 11:30 ET

^^just what I was thinking.

F.C. Dallas already have a red & grey jersey...

369_1004888.jpg

Also in my opinion, there are already too many teams in the MLS sporting red on their jerseys.

;)

Re: teams that wear red...
Their fans seem to be more passionate about the game, because they stand out in the crowd.
What nonsense!

Toronto FC, I dig it... simple, dignified and appropriately Euro-inspired. I'll buy the shirt.

Great choice. Seasons tickets and a jersey please.

Seasons Tix will be really affordable. You can actually pre-register and make a deposit of $53 on the TorontoFC.ca website toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/MLS/t280/tickets/ to gain the following:

-> First Access to the BEST Season Tickets for Toronto FC BEFORE the general public
-> $50 against your Season Ticket Purchase -> First Access to 2007 FIFA U20 World Cup ticket packages -BEFORE the general public
-> Special Club Member prices on Toronto FC tickets

Advance window / discounts to:

-> International games
-> Friendly games
-> Canadian National Team games
-> Advance access and discounts on team merchandise
-> Free access to all games of the Toronto FC Reserve team
-> 4 issues annually of our team magazine "Free Kick"
-> Access to exclusive Members-only team related events and parties

I think the name and logo are great! There... simplyDan has now officially commented on sports for the rest of the year. :)

I like the name and the logo. I am getting excited for this team. This could be a good thing for soccer in Toronto.

One question: What are the season ticket prices? Anyone know? I do not want to plop down $50 bucks to get fiurst dibs only to find out the season tickets are $5000.

I do not mind the stadium my one wish is that they would have changed the end zone seating to the North end so you can see the lake and Ont place instead of facing the ugly ass Garndier and LV.

Here are my feelings on the logo and name. I preferred either Toronto City or Toronto SC but what they chose is close, and much better then a number of the alterenatives. I was hoping for blue as team colour (brings out the blue in my eyes) while red clashes with my skin tone. All in all I am very pleased. It could have been a lot worse.

Toronto FC works. Internationally it is known as football/futball. This is more than a local game and endeavor, so the name fits.

The colours. I probably wouldve preferred blue. Keeping with the Toronto teams' traditional colours and city colours. Seeing as this is 'the Canadian' team it works as well.

On a tangentially related note, am I the only one here who saw Once In A Lifetime, the movie about the New York Cosmos, the NASL, and Pele at Hot Docs last week? It's really good. Mirimax bought it at Sundance, so it is getting a mid summer release.

I'm not sure that I've seen these images of the stadium yet on this site. check it out here:

toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/MLS/t280/stadium/

Nothing too mind-blowing, architecturally speaking, but it looks like it will be a great place to watch soccer.

Good stuff, now they need a TV deal and an announcer that can stretch the word goal for 15 seconds.

So this rendering would be the sixth incarnation of a soccer specific stadium in Toronto... meh, it could be worse. This design is a definite improvement over the last rendering we've seen for the same site. I look forward to seeing it in person.

For what it's worth, I was down at the Ex today for the big city auction (almost snagged a used police cruiser for $1,600, but realised there are several things I need more urgently than a police car).

Plenty of work on the stadium site. Nothing aboveground yet, except half of the Hall of Fame building, which I see has just been renovated to include a nice atrium at the west side. Looks like the whole thing will be open-concept in a week or so.

I'm glad they didn't include Inter :rolleyes It will be great to have a higher level of football in this city- I'll surely go and see at least a few games annually.

We wanted the whole city to feel ownership and we want to provide the opportunity for a meaningful nickname to emerge over time.

That is how out money became the Loonie and the Twonie. Hopefully the team name develops into something a little less Mickey Mouse.

For what it's worth, I was down at the Ex today for the big city auction (almost snagged a used police cruiser for $1,600, but realised there are several things I need more urgently than a police car).

Friends of mine picked up a police cruiser and a fire department mini-van at that auction. A 2002 Crown Vic for $1,600 is a fairly decent price.

I can't wait for the Toronto FC to hit the field. I will definitely be going to a few games and hopefully it will be successful enough that they can afford stadium improvements and more letters in their team name in the future.

Back