News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 722     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Blue Jays

Definitely not MLB caliber but still a great ballpark to visit and be in. Better than the sweltering heat and cesspool in Florida.
Hopefully this means Rogers will have the time to finalize whatever they’re planning to do with the dome...

I heard someone talking about the Jays using cutouts and that proceeds would be donated to the JaysCare Foundation.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe that my prediction I made about the Blue Jays playing exhibition games in Buffalo back on March 16, 2016 turned out to be hilarious in hindsight with the Jays playing not exhibition games but regular season games in Buffalo: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ith-the-city-of-buffalo-ny.25184/post-1094313

@Translude15's reply to my comment didn't age well: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ith-the-city-of-buffalo-ny.25184/post-1095339
It's less that his comment didn't age well and more that your initial post was such an insane suggestion that it took a global pandemic to make it a reality 🤣

It's less that his comment didn't age well and more that your initial post was such an insane suggestion that it took a global pandemic to make it a reality 🤣
I must admit that my prediction is very far out of left field and that it only became correct due to a very rare and specific circumstance, in this case, a catastrophic pandemic that nobody here predicted in 2016, not even myself.

Here's some good news, some interesting news, and some bad news:

The good news:

Nate Pearson on his debut pitched like the opposing pitcher, three-time All-Star with two career no-hitters Max Scherzer. YYZ could end up becoming the next Doc if he keeps this up.

The interesting news:

Despite playing in Nationals Park, the Blue Jays batted second, wore white home uniforms, and even have audio with the crowds cheering in favour of the Jays, Jays players being announced with their walk-up music, and OK Blue Jays being played during the seventh-inning stretch.

The bad news:

The Jays bullpen blew the game in extra innings and the Jays offence didn't step up to the plate.

Last edited:
Here's some good news, some interesting news, and some bad news:

The good news:

Nate Pearson on his debut pitched like the opposing pitcher, three-time All-Star with two career no-hitters Max Scherzer. YYZ could end up becoming the next Doc if he keeps this up.

The interesting news:

Despite playing in Nationals Park, the Blue Jays batted second, wore white home uniforms, and even have audio with the crowds cheering in favour of the Jays, Jays players being announced with their walk-up music, and OK Blue Jays being played during the seventh-inning stretch.

The bad news:

The Jays bullpen blew the game in extra innings and the Jays offence didn't step up to the plate.

Someone had to replace the Cubs as the loveable losers...

I'm full expecting a catastrophic malfunction at Sahlen Field during one of the games. Mark my words, the Jays will be up and something will happen to delay the game and the Jays will lose.

Someone had to replace the Cubs as the loveable losers...

I'm full expecting a catastrophic malfunction at Sahlen Field during one of the games. Mark my words, the Jays will be up and something will happen to delay the game and the Jays will lose.
For the Jays to replace the Cubs as the lovable losers, the Jays cannot win the World Series until 2101 at the earliest, which is 108 years after the Blue Jays last won the World Series. I will not be alive by then (and extremely few people with living memories of the 1993 World Series would be alive by then, even with age-extension technologies). It took the Cubs 108 years to win the World Series from the last time they won it.

Yes, Buffalo is cursed when it comes to professional sports and the Blue Jays would inherit that curse.

Last edited:

Back