Blue Diamond Condos and Foxbar Towns (Camrost-Felcorp) - Real Estate -

They also said I need to do it at least 3 weeks prior to my occupancy for a smooth transition.
FWIW, I got the registration form the day before my occupancy. Filled it out, sent it in, and got a confirmation email a few days later saying everything is good to go.

For those who have taken occupancy, any indication of when closing date will be? I'm guessing it wont be until June or July at earliest, given penthouse floors are not occupying until late May.

For those who have taken occupancy, any indication of when closing date will be? I'm guessing it wont be until June or July at earliest, given penthouse floors are not occupying until late May.
The welcome package only says it can take up to 12 months (12 post dated cheques are required before you get your keys)

FYI for those that do not know yet, monthly maintenance fees include Rogers Ignite 500u internet according to a broacher included in the welcome package . However, when I called to setup the internet yesterday, the confirmation email I got said gigabit internet will be setup (still included in maintenance fees).
I believe the download speed is 1GB per minute but the internet is unlimited!

I got an email from my realtor, not directly from the builder, saying that I need to fill out a form and send it to customer support at Pemi. They also said I need to do it at least 3 weeks prior to my occupancy for a smooth transition.
I got mine from my lawyer, which the builders lawyer sent to us 2 days before occupancy! Thankfully all worked out and still got the keys on the scheduled day.

Anyone currently get their occupancy....Does your stovetop work? .... The oven works - NOT the stovetop. Or maybe we dont know how to turn it on?

We should start sharing a list for your 30day inspection warranty....we already noticed:
---our backsplash kitchen they used the same type but they mixed up colour manufactured version so the tiles have a different shade to each other.
---minor variety of cracks. unfinished plaster, unpainted areas
Our stovetop works but we havent tried the oven yet. I have not noticed anything re backsplash but that sucks. We noticed a few floor chips, so will be noting that. Plus when we have the balcony door open and there's a slight draft, the locked front door moves and makes a lot of noise. Needs a weatherknging strip or something. All the issues that came up in our PDI were not yet fixed prior to occupancy. We have green tape all over the house and was told it would be a while before they schedule the trades to come in to fix everything.

Anyone currently get their occupancy....Does your stovetop work? .... The oven works - NOT the stovetop. Or maybe we dont know how to turn it on?

We should start sharing a list for your 30day inspection warranty....we already noticed:
---our backsplash kitchen they used the same type but they mixed up colour manufactured version so the tiles have a different shade to each other.
---minor variety of cracks. unfinished plaster, unpainted areas

Just had my PDI today. Similar findings during my 30 mins walking around in my suite, the usual missed paint spots and plaster, some cabinet doors dont fully close etc. Backsplash seemed to be consistent lol. Couple of questions
- For those who didn't upgrade for a built in microwave, what are you doing instead?
- I'm assuming occupancy date is set and won't change? And is there a way to independently verify if they calculated the occupancy fees correctly? Happy to share $ numbers privately, but I can't figure out where the pm function is on this forum.
- Is Rogers internet bundled with maintenance fees? I thought the pdi guy said its 12 months "free" trial, but won't be after that, though could've misheard as they were doing work in the hallways at the time
- The hallway on my floor is basically still covered in scaffolding and cement - I'm assuming on occupancy date it will still look like this? Seems to still be pretty active construction wise, which is why I'm asking.
Thanks for now!

Just had my PDI today. Similar findings during my 30 mins walking around in my suite, the usual missed paint spots and plaster, some cabinet doors dont fully close etc. Backsplash seemed to be consistent lol. Couple of questions
- For those who didn't upgrade for a built in microwave, what are you doing instead?
- I'm assuming occupancy date is set and won't change? And is there a way to independently verify if they calculated the occupancy fees correctly? Happy to share $ numbers privately, but I can't figure out where the pm function is on this forum.
- Is Rogers internet bundled with maintenance fees? I thought the pdi guy said its 12 months "free" trial, but won't be after that, though could've misheard as they were doing work in the hallways at the time
- The hallway on my floor is basically still covered in scaffolding and cement - I'm assuming on occupancy date it will still look like this? Seems to still be pretty active construction wise, which is why I'm asking.
Thanks for now!
Nice to hear!
- I had similar issues re cabinets.
-Re microwave, I have a 1 bed so I'm currently living without one and using the toaster oven and stove instead. So far its working. Unfortunately a microwave takes up too much real estate on my countertop
- Yes Rogers Ignite is included in maintenance fees
- And yes most definitely still an active construction site, but considering, not too bad re noise levels and such. Just the periodic fire alarm testing can be annoying

Hope this helps!

I went and looked at the amenities when we purchased our unit. They are really big, although now obviously being shared between 3 buildings and not sure how covid is impacting availability (although hopefully that isn't for much longer). We were told at the time that we'd be connected underground; does anyone know if that is still the case (I hope so).

Nice to hear!
- I had similar issues re cabinets.
-Re microwave, I have a 1 bed so I'm currently living without one and using the toaster oven and stove instead. So far its working. Unfortunately a microwave takes up too much real estate on my countertop
- Yes Rogers Ignite is included in maintenance fees
- And yes most definitely still an active construction site, but considering, not too bad re noise levels and such. Just the periodic fire alarm testing can be annoying

Hope this helps!
Can someone describe the lighting situation in the living/dining area and the bedrooms? Is it possible to hang chandeliers in these rooms or does the lighting setup not allow for lighting fixtures?

Can someone describe the lighting situation in the living/dining area and the bedrooms? Is it possible to hang chandeliers in these rooms or does the lighting setup not allow for lighting fixtures?
Yes, there are sockets with coverings on the ceiling for overhanging lights.

Thanks for now!
In terms of occupancy fees, it was correct in my case. Exactly the monthly rent amount divided by the number of days remaining in April.

In terms of occupancy fees, it was correct in my case. Exactly the monthly rent amount divided by the number of days remaining in April.
What is the "monthly rent" amount? What is it based on? I'm trying to get a sense of what my monthly occupancy cost will be.

What is the "monthly rent" amount? What is it based on? I'm trying to get a sense of what my monthly occupancy cost will be.
Interest portion of your purchase price (net of 20% initial deposit @ 2.79%) + est property taxes + monthly common expenses.

Interest can be verified manually as they provided you the rate. Maintenance is a sticker shocker, be warned lol. I'm not sure if that number is going to carry through past closing or if it is during occupancy rate only.

Interest portion of your purchase price (net of 20% initial deposit @ 2.79%) + est property taxes + monthly common expenses.

Interest can be verified manually as they provided you the rate. Maintenance is a sticker shocker, be warned lol. I'm not sure if that number is going to carry through past closing or if it is during occupancy rate only.
Okay thanks. We got 12 months of maintenance fees "included" when we purchased our unit (which I think it just paid as a cash refund at closing). But I'm guessing that doesn't kick in until occupancy. I'm on a higher floor and not in until late May so hoping I don't have to pay occupancy for too long...

Back