News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 953     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Louis Vuitton's exterior is starting to take shape and you can begin to see what it will look like. Based on the quick drive by I did, it looks awesome. Don't know that I've seen an LV exterior look like that before.

Also, the sign on Starbucks at Winners says they're moving around the corner, so that is the one next to LV where they're relocating.

Louis Vuitton's exterior is starting to take shape and you can begin to see what it will look like. Based on the quick drive by I did, it looks awesome. Don't know that I've seen an LV exterior look like that before.

Also, the sign on Starbucks at Winners says they're moving around the corner, so that is the one next to LV where they're relocating.

There's also one opening at Bay and Charles.

lvj30.jpg

1. Mendocino has now closed
2. Blo has returned to Yorkville after being forced out when the Four Seasons closed. It's now located at the former home of Chimichanga on Yorkville Avenue.

1. Mendocino has now closed
2. Blo has returned to Yorkville after being forced out when the Four Seasons closed. It's now located at the former home of Chimichanga on Yorkville Avenue.

So Escada is taking over the Mendocino spot and my gut feel is that D&G is taking over Escada.

So Escada is taking over the Mendocino spot and my gut feel is that D&G is taking over Escada.

I've been trying to find a leasing plan for 110 BLoor. Both the Starbucks and Escada is moving out. Bauhaus mentioned that the landlord wanted to give Nike a larger street-front presence; however, the Sbux isn't directly on top of the Nike.

This is just speculation on my behalf, but I can see the landlord doing some significant reconfiguration of the space - IE removing that central hallway or making it smaller to free up space for a tenant (D+G); giving Nike the Escade space as their entrance on to Bloor and using the Starbucks space to provide access to the Winnners elevators. Just some random ideas, but there's a lot that can be done and that hallways is a HUGE waste of space as it could command significant rents.

A worker in the Mendocino store was putting up Morguard 'for lease' signs when I went by this afternoon.

Hmm...someone had posted a while back that Escada was taking that space. They even posted a floor leasing plan which showed that.

Theory about Nike expanding to street level: Is it possible that Brown's Shoes would move to the current Starbucks spot just so Nike can have a street level entrance? That way, the hallway would remain as is (I think), and Nike could still have a Bloor entrance.

Serpentine on Hazelton is moving to a space on Cumberland, and James Perse will be replacing them.

Back