News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 977     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 367     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Makes sense. They're opening around the corner next to LV.

True, but that one was meant to replace the old Four Seasons location, no?

A good chunk of it comes from a couple of contacts in the commercial leasing business (although they have been known to be wrong in the past). And sometimes it comes directly from the retailer themselves. You'd be surprised at how forthcoming some companies are about their expansion plans. A lot are very secretive, but some are pretty open. In fact some brands will tell you they have no plans to open a store in Toronto and then a couple of months later they're opening one.

But u sound quite sure about Salvatore

You might be right. Who knows, maybe this will signify the end of Winners on Bloor :) ...fingers crossed... :D

I hope that's true. Winners is so...out of place. But then again, the Starbucks really has nothing to do with Winners, sine the store used to be a Chapters. I always assumed that Starbucks stayed because they had a different lease. Chapters kind of closed suddenly.

But u sound quite sure about Salvatore

I'm as sure as the information I've received, no more, no less. I had also posted a while back a reference to Ferragamo looking for a flagship location in Toronto. I'll see if I can dig it up again. The Vancouver store is about 3,500 sq. ft. - not a flagship store so Ferragamo's presence in Canada is quite weak at the moment.

I hope that's true. Winners is so...out of place. But then again, the Starbucks really has nothing to do with Winners, sine the store used to be a Chapters. I always assumed that Starbucks stayed because they had a different lease. Chapters kind of closed suddenly.

True, Starbucks seems to have been a legacy lease of some kind in that location. It's always pretty packed though so maybe they just needed more space, thus the new location. The problem with Winners is that it's a huge space so anything that moves in there will have to be department store-ish. Bloomingdales is unlikely because of their negotiations with the Bay. Even a free standing Top Shop may not want all that space. I can't really envision what would go in there right now - I kind's just wish Winners would vacate and let the commercial leasing managers deal with it.

True, Starbucks seems to have been a legacy lease of some kind in that location. It's always pretty packed though so maybe they just needed more space, thus the new location. The problem with Winners is that it's a huge space so anything that moves in there will have to be department store-ish. Bloomingdales is unlikely because of their negotiations with the Bay. Even a free standing Top Shop may not want all that space. I can't really envision what would go in there right now - I kind's just wish Winners would vacate and let the commercial leasing managers deal with it.

And it's probably too small for Holts to move in as a temporary store. I think it could be split into two or three spots, so maybe there's hope that an Apple flagship will move in if it does split?

I've heard that the LL wants to bring the Nike store up to street-level and increase its presence on Bloor St. Basically, link the existing basement space to the street.

Last edited:
I'm as sure as the information I've received, no more, no less. I had also posted a while back a reference to Ferragamo looking for a flagship location in Toronto. I'll see if I can dig it up again. The Vancouver store is about 3,500 sq. ft. - not a flagship store so Ferragamo's presence in Canada is quite weak at the moment.

Actually the one in Vancouver I walked by was not impressive at all!!!

I've heard that the LL wants to bring the Nike store up to street-level and increase its presence on Bloor St. Basically, link the existing basement space to the street.

But what about the second and third floors? I think the entire space is much too big for Nike.

But what about the second and third floors? I think the entire space is much too big for Nike.

I meant the Starbucks space. Winners isn't going anywhere.

Back