News   Mar 02, 2021
 1.4K     2 
News   Mar 02, 2021
 1.3K     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Benito

Member Bio
Reaction score
Renderings of the Charles Promenade from the Greater Yorkville Residents Association Newsletter. I really hope they do something about the Balmuto side, they‘ve had two fires in the garbage bins there over the past 4-5 years.
AF7E3AD0-C5CE-4B79-9F97-DF5A9D647EE7.jpeg

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Renderings of the Charles Promenade from the Greater Yorkville Residents Association Newsletter. I really hope they do something about the Balmuto side, they‘ve had two fires in the garbage bins there over the past 4-5 years.
View attachment 244689

Hmm, I missed this post somehow.

As to the renders..........better than it is now..........that's not much to brag about.

I don't think the open space around the entrance makes much sense as envisioned.

No green, very sterile.

If you wanted to keep space here, there should at least be a patio, if not two.

Each of which would 'green' the space seasonally.

The austereness of it is unpleasant.

Benito

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hmm, I missed this post somehow.

As to the renders..........better than it is now..........that's not much to brag about.

I don't think the open space around the entrance makes much sense as envisioned.

No green, very sterile.

If you wanted to keep space here, there should at least be a patio, if not two.

Each of which would 'green' the space seasonally.

The austereness of it is unpleasant.

I agree that it is a lost opportunity and could be so much better. No green landscaping is very sad.

pw20

Member Bio
Reaction score
RI notes that the gap is closing their flagship at Bloor and Bay. Lotta retail space there. If I were Holt Renfrew I'd move my Men's Store there (which, if the lobby access to the office build was reconfigured to a bay street access point vs bloor street) could also have a direct connection to the main store and would have the corner windows...

zang

Member Bio
Reaction score
I agree that it is a lost opportunity and could be so much better. No green landscaping is very sad.
In fact, there are planters currently that aren't in the rendering, so they're *losing* greenery.

It barely registers as much more than a terrible reclad and paint job.

ericlewis91

Member Bio
Reaction score
RI notes that the gap is closing their flagship at Bloor and Bay. Lotta retail space there. If I were Holt Renfrew I'd move my Men's Store there (which, if the lobby access to the office build was reconfigured to a bay street access point vs bloor street) could also have a direct connection to the main store and would have the corner windows...
Didnt they just re-model this location?

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
Bellair as Pedestrian Mews and/or Woonerf yes.

But minus the pylons please.

Maybe a tree or three.

and

Interlocking pavers for a surface!

Yes to all of the above! The other benefit of closing Bellair permanently would be to (somewhat) curtail the scourge of d-bags revving their rented Ferraris/Lamborghinis/Harleys as they do their obnoxious half-kilometre loops around the neighbourhood.

fiendishlibrarian

Member Bio
Reaction score
Huh. Worked at that Club Monaco unloading trucks when it opened in April '96 to the fall of '98, then went across the street to the Banana Republic from '98 to '01. Talk about an end of an era.