FWIW - I don't think the H&M will close. The building was sold a year or so ago and I suspect the landlord is testing the market to see if they could get more money for the building. (This happened to the Club Monaco space awhile ago too - it was on the market and CM ended up renegotiating the space).And from Urban Toronto Retail here is the listing for the H&M store at 15 Bloor West;
Retail Property For Lease
15 Bloor Street West
Iconic Bloor Street West Retail for Lease
- One door west of the intersection of Bloor & Yonge and directly next door to The One condominium
- Immediate co-tenancy includes the Holt Renfrew Canadian Flagship and Eataly
- Near term co-tenancy includes Apple
- February 1st, 2020 or earlier
- Please contact listing agents for further details
Toronto-based luxury menswear retailer Harry Rosen has launched a first for North America Canada Goose concept shop at the retailer’s Bloor Street flagship. The partner shop is part of an effort by Harry Rosen to maintain the presence of the highly lucrative Canada Goose brand in its stores at a time when Canada Goose is opening direct-to-consumer stores while at the same time pulling out of some multi-brand retailers.
Anyone know what the plans are? Is the UofT gonna take down the promenade and build up a new podium (they should)?According to an employee, the Dollarama in Charles Promenade has received a one year extension, so they will be leaving in 2021.