News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 610     0 

Best Wedding Banquet Hall

Have you ever been there??? Or even walked inside the RP??
If not, shut the trapper.

I bet any money that you are somehow associated with some other banquet/wedding hall. It's not going to work. Lots of people I know love the Hollywood Princess. You can;t beat the grand foyer and food!

Wow...are you sure you don't work for the Hollywood Princess? You don't seem to take kindly to any criticism...

I have no involvement in the banqueting hall business. I went there for a co worker's wedding. To borrow a phrase from linquistics, it was strictly "non-U".

What is the point of this thread?!?

Baghai747 originally asked our opinions on good wedding banquet halls yet he seems to think that only the Hollywood Princess is 'the place' for weddings in this city. Why ask for our opinions if you don't want to hear them?

Personally, I find the Hollywood Princess quite tacky. Just look at THIS PICTURE. Just remember, this is only my opinion for which I am entitled to.

Looks like the HP grand foyer and food CAN be beat because according to readers of Toronto.com, the top 10 wedding banquet halls in Toronto are:

1. Spirale Banquet & Convention Centre

2. 7th Heaven Fine Catering & Special Event Production

3. The Old Mill Inn & Spa

4. Shmooze

5. Casa Loma

6. The Great Hall

7. Four Seasons Hotel Toronro

8. Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex

9. Carrying Place Golf & Country Club

10. Whistler's & The McNeil Room

WOW!!!

The Holywood Princess must be one of the most spectacularly tacky interiors in Toronto. Just LOOK at those chairs! I've only been to a couple of weddings, ever, but if the banquets been held in this place I'd have enjoyed them much more. What a giggle.

How about the Tanenbaum Atrium?

Joey might even give a nice after dinner speech.

I am surprised Carlu didn't make the list. Probably hasn't been open long enough to qualify or something.

As to that pic...it says it all. <ick>

Is this a self-advertizing thread? I have this gut feeling telling me it is. If so, I see the delete button glowing.

GB

Has anyone mentioned St. Lawrence Hall? I remember being in the ballroom at the south end a while ago, and it seemed quite nice. One of the best locations in the city too.

BTW, Hollywood Princess is without a doubt the ugliest building I've ever seen, both inside and out. Maybe the food is good, but it couldn't make up for all the cheesiness.

Well, there are tons of great and interesting places in toronto and environs for weddings/receptions. Considering this forum i would have to say that places like carlu (noted above) must be great. As examples, I enjoyed receptions at enoch turner schoolhouse in my nabe www.enochturnerschoolhouse.ca/ as well graydon manor in don mills www.danieletdaniel.ca/o/Graydon.html. Liberty Grand is nice but really a testament to over-the-top look at me weddings.

I must admit that if i had to go to the HP.....i think i would shoot myself or at least choke myself to death in the chintz.

Come on, the picture link does not represent the Hollywood Princess. I admit that the picture looks tacky, but the hall itself is not to blame, just the decorator. I have no profit to gain, but I think the HP bashing is uncalled for and not fair. No traffic, free parking, awesome looking foyer, good service and good food, what more can you ask for?

There's a place called Smooze?!? That's an excellently cheesy name! It's Klassy with a Kapital K!

Place to look

I don't think <a href="http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/event_venues_wedding_sites.html">http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/event_venues_wedding_sites.html</a> does Canada sites, but that's where I found mine in Washington. Maybe there is something that will be of help to you?

Back