News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 610     0 

Best Wedding Banquet Hall

In the GTA (Outside of Toronto) there are a huge number of halls, ones to consider, include:

Bellagio (Excellent food/service)

I hope you are right. I am new to this board (and happy to be here BTW!) and am getting married in October. My fiancee and I are having both the ceremony and reception at Bellagio.

Wish us luck! :)

Congrats KingStreetWest!
I had my reception at Bellagio last year and I literally have no complaints. Remy and everyone there went way above and beyond our expectations. Really professional.

Guild Inn (not sure if it is still available)

Guild Inn has been closed for the past few years. It is in a very sad state right now, falling apart.

Not sure if you can book a reception anywhere in it, but I would LOVE to be at a wedding in the Distillery District. I was there with a friend of mine not too long ago, and she kept talking about how she would die to have her wedding in one of those old building. We ate at the Boilerhouse Restaurant, which could easily host a decent size reception. If it is a Spring/Summer/Fall wedding, there is lots of outdoor space to have an indoor/outdoor reception.

Canoe does a nice wedding. It's closed on Saturday anyway, and so you get the whole place to yourself. The food is excellent, and you won't find a better view.

The Hollywood Princess has changed it's name to
"Renaissance Parque". Change of ownership

Hey, great thread.

I've been looking into hotels for my wedding next year. I'm not a fan of banquet halls, I prefer to stay downtown. Best ones I'm considering is the Delta Chelsea, or the Ritz Carelton in Montreal. The packages are going to kill me $$$ wise as I aint wealthy but thats the cost for wanting it downtown and peer pressures of having an open bar (which I guess its expected from my family, friends and myself). But the Delta Chelsea per person is $110 bucks a person which is good, and the Ritz in Montreal is starting $125 (both open bar, taxes & tip INCLUDED). I'm quite lucky as I get to have a wedding reception in Hong Kong as well (in which won't cost me anything, and supposively we'll make some cash.

I've also looked at the new sheraton in Richmond Hill. Filet Migon and lobster, with shrimp cocktail etc. open bar is under $120 there. Fantastic, but its in a suburb.

Around $100 a person is a good price for Toronto right????

I hope I helped? Have you come accross anything downtown open bar as well that you could provide me with?

Oh, I know this ain't a banquet hall either, but a friend of my is having their wedding this summer at the AGO. Its a unique location.

Aha! This was the first thread I replied to and now it has been resurrected. My wedding ceremony and reception was at Bellagio and it was FABULOUS. Our guests to this day (and we were married back in October!) still rave about the hall. Good service, delicious food, beautiful setting, open bar...Well, you get the picture. :tup:

Any other opinions of the Hollywood Princess (now known as Rennaissance Parque) ?

I'm crushed that they've changed their perfect name to something generically cheesy.

Any other opinions of the Hollywood Princess (now known as Rennaissance Parque) ?

Wasn't a bad place. Middle of nowhere. Lots of parking. High speed rail link from the STC (kidding! ;) ).

You mean the name 'Hollywood Princess' wasn't generically cheesy?

No, it was uniquely, creatively cheesy. No attempt there to class up the joint with faux-French spellings like Parque.

You mean the name 'Hollywood Princess' wasn't generically cheesy? >D

Back