News   Jul 26, 2024
 40     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 797     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 694     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Just how established is KPMG in Toronto compared to other cities? Do they have a relatively large presence here? The sign will definitely make the average person think so.

KPMG Toronto was recently (last year?) named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. So by that measure at least, the company has a notable impact on Toronto.

Here's the rendering of the KPMG logo from the FCP re-clad website...

Fcp-Building-Rendering.jpg

Thanks for the photos, drum. The skyline from the Bathurst St bridge reminds me of my dad telling me that he sold photos of the cityscape from the bridge when he was a kid. I'm not sure how old the bridge is, but my dad was born in 1916.

Thanks for the photos, drum. The skyline from the Bathurst St bridge reminds me of my dad telling me that he sold photos of the cityscape from the bridge when he was a kid. I'm not sure how old the bridge is, but my dad was born in 1916.

Thanks.

Do you have any of those photo's as it would nice to see what the skyline look like before TO started to grow up.

I have photo's only going back 4 years, but you can see the changes.

Just how established is KPMG in Toronto compared to other cities? Do they have a relatively large presence here? The sign will definitely make the average person think so.

KPMG is the second largest accounting firm in Canada, based on revenue. They have a large presence in the City of Toronto, with offices in the downtown core (BA) and North York (Yonge Corporate Centre). Toronto is their head office in Canada.

They probably want that sign to compete with Deloitte, which has an absolutely gigantic sign at Commerce Court South. That sign dwarfs the building. I think it looks highly disproportional, and is disconcerting.

Has the KPMG sign been approved then? I heard a while back they were having problems getting it approved.

Nice pictures. But the last one would be nicer if the overhead wires didn't exit.

Why does Toronto have so may overhead wires? The telephone poles look so unattractive.

Nice pictures. But the last one would be nicer if the overhead wires didn't exit.

Why does Toronto have so may overhead wires? The telephone poles look so unattractive.

Because the City doesn't want to spend 100's of million to bury them.

Developer should help to bury them when the build their projects.

Toronto wants that last cent out of the wires and poles before they replace them. Ask TTC about this for the St Clair and Fleet ROW or where they need new poles to support their overhead system.

Not a fan of the KPMG logo (that is of now... it could always change :) )

To me it makes the building look more commercialized and a little less "classy"....

It also makes the building not look like "The Bay Adelaide Centre"... it seems as if it's the KPMG centre tower or somethin like that!

and are all the other buildings in the Bay Adelaide Centre complex gonna have the same, different, or no logo's at all???.. gonna look really weird if BA west was the only tower with a logo at the top... or, if they were all different! lol

We'll see what it looks like :)

*anyone know when the logo is going up?

***on BA's website it says "welcome KPMG to your new home in Bay Adelaide Centre"... it's probably approved...

http://www.brookfieldproperties.com...g=1&continue.x=24&continue.y=12home/index.ch2

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the kpmg logo. It reminds me of a discount store at a strip mall.
I dont know if the logo you see in the Fcp render will be the real thing. Remember the render isn't even for bay adelaide i think will probably look better that that (hopefully)

its too bad law firms hate having their names on buildings so much, would have loved to see goodmans logo on there

Back