News   Apr 23, 2024
 290     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 305     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

I don't think that is how this type of crane gets raised. The whole crane raises up, they are not just adding sections to it. The base rises with the tower.
I sort of know what you mean but can't quite visualize it. Do you have anything to illustrate the process?

There are jacks at the base of the crane that they use to push the crane up. No additional crane pieces will be used. As the crane goes up they fill in the hole where the crane was with concrete. Once the building is done they use the crane to bring up a smaller crane that takes the main one down to the street. They continue like this until they have a crane small enough to go down the elevator in pieces.

I think it was implicit in what Edward said, but to be pedantic, it can be a multi-stage process, where the big crane brings up a smaller crane, which disassembles and lowers the big one, and then hauls up a SMALLER crane, which takes it apart, and so on, and so on.

Also, I'm told that the smaller cranes aren't actually cranes, but derricks. I'm not entirely sure what the distinction is. Can someone illuminate me?

Crane, Derek:

Attachments

• crane.jpg
    crane.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 281
  • derek.jpg
    derek.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 330
looks like that guy from Trailer Park Boys, but....

he could also be that guy from "My Name is Earl"

A country bumpkin type for sure. ( a playmate for that guy in your avatar phunky? :))

If someone farted this building out in Chicago overnigt- nobody would notice. However, it does have possibilities in Toronto- those LED lights seem to be a sexy night-time alter ego to its dull design.

Back