News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 715     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 709     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Aug 14-15-16

IMG_aug-15-09-0087.jpg

IMG_aug-14-09-0022.jpg

2nd Sunday crew working
IMG_aug-16-09-0181.jpg

IMG_aug-16-09-0182.jpg

IMG_aug-16-09-0185.jpg

That last shot shows exactly what will be pulled back up when the east tower goes up.

Are those lighted tiles on the sidewalk in Drum's second last photo?

I'm not sure, although I think they may be skylighting for the PATH. I haven't seem them lite in any way.

Wow, that plaza is stunningly...bland. Not minimalist enough to please anyone who wants that sort of thing, and not textured or layered enough to be even slightly interesting.

Maybe you should wait until the plantings are in place. (although it needs phase two to really define it.)

The tiles are skylights (also called groundlights) in the store-lined concourse walkway from the building to the main concourse. See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33901609@N08/3657160715/in/set-72157620342790411/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/33901609@N08/3657954888/in/set-72157620342790411/ for a view from below for what it looked like just before they were installed. Think Brookfield Place - the Allen Lambert Galleria, but outside, not inside an atrium.

Visit the plaza when it is complete before you judge it, alklay. I like the plaza very much and like maestro I think it will be much better defined once BAC2 gets built. The materials they have used are first class. There are trees and grass that haven't yet been installed, and they will change the feel of the plaza a great deal.

I walked by the plaza last night. Those 'skylights' were glowing a warm, uniform bright white. I would imagine this lighting originated from the lighting in the concourse below, either way, the effect looked very deliberate, and it was quite well..

Bay Adelaide Centre from Cloud Gardens on August 3, 2009:

3830345000_05616cde6b_b.jpg

Brilliant! You can be rest assured employees of Brookfield are using this as their desktop and screen savers. Now they just need to contact you with a nice check to use it for their advertising.

Looks good. When will BAC2 construction begin? Or is that on hold until demand picks up again?

We had no major new office towers in the core for years... and suddenly we have BAC1 and RBC occupying, Telus about to, MLS's podium not long after that, and 18 York starting its rise...

It could be quite a while before businesses in the core absorb all that new space, so I would not hold my breath for BAC2.

We had no major new office towers in the core for years... and suddenly we have BAC1 and RBC occupying, Telus about to, MLS's podium not long after that, and 18 York starting its rise...

It could be quite a while before businesses in the core absorb all that new space, so I would not hold my breath for BAC2.

X2 ...

Although it's not the "new space" that we need to worry about. You'll probably see very impressive vacancy rates for all 4 new buildings, in other words they'll be near full sooner then later. It's the older AAA stock that's in trouble and that will take quite a while to fill. I can't see BA2 going up for at least 2 years ... probably longer

I can't BA2 going up for at least 5 years but definitely not as long as it took BA1 to be built. There just isn't 5 to 10 million square feet available of convertable class I space out there like in the late 1990/early 2000s.

Will phase two be entirely office though? I know there are some additional components planned for the overall complex (phase two and three). I don't think anything's been cemented though.

Back