News   Jun 25, 2024
 398     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 568     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Many shots of bay adelaide on the skyline from www.flickr.com

2409677584_2ae501b989_b.jpg

st.even

2424003569_08db51894e_b.jpg

mkimagary

byaazi3.png

maws

Bay-Adelaide photos by me April 18th

SouthEast Corner:

2423517903_e6b08a6965.jpg

NorthEast Corner:

2424327674_a4968ebf3c.jpg

2423514857_4fd242f9b1.jpg

Southwest Corner:

2423511917_2d7107e21a.jpg

2423509243_84da787ac7.jpg

Close-up shot of glass:

2423816531_e5e00dccc5.jpg

Distance on the skyline. Sorry for the quality. Bay-Adelaide is in the centre: of the pic

2423507801_b11137c91e_b.jpg

FCP looks massively tall in that second image because you can almost see right down to its base from that angle.

Dan - your distant skyline shot lets us imagine BA filling in that gap up to about the same height as TD Tower... its getting there!

Nice close-up of the glass Dan.

I walked by today and was amazed at how many different "looks" this curtainwall has. From a n/e angle the upper panels sort of merged with the lower ones creating a completely seamless mirrored look. From a s/e angle the lower panels were highly reflective while the upper ones had an opaqueness, creating a strong horizontal banding.

I suspect that when the tower is complete, it will have many different suits of clothes depending on the photographer's angle, time of day etc.

Rather mysterious and magical, this glass.

wowowowowow I love it! Walked by it today and I cant wait to see it done. The glass is just amazing. I originally thought this tower would suck after the cheapout but the glass just made me fall in love again!

PS. It was a beautiful day today!

Is this still the official rendering?

150.jpg

... it looks like they've gotten ride of one of the only interesting features: the cantilevered "fin" glass on the corner offices.

2423511917_2d7107e21a.jpg

I think it would have been great to have the last few floors step back if even only slightly. I think the glass is the only thing that will make this project look better than average. Architecture wise, it doesn't break any new grounds, but at the very least, it won't be tacky.

I have a question. I have been relying on the photos and reports here, since I have not been downtown in months, and it sounds like this project is generally considered to have the best glass around, at least for office buildings, although Murano also has very good glass.

Is it correct to say that BA = Murano >> RBC, as far as window glass goes? If so, how do other projects compare?

Bill

I have a question. I have been relying on the photos and reports here, since I have not been downtown in months, and it sounds like this project is generally considered to have the best glass around, at least for office buildings, although Murano also has very good glass.

Is it correct to say that BA = Murano >> RBC, as far as window glass goes? If so, how do other projects compare?

Bill

In my opinion, RBC's glass is superior because it's more transparent.

BA's glass is fine, but it's solid silver. I think it was established earlier that they were using opaque glass for the mechanical floors, but the glass is now a few floors above that and it doesn't look any different. It certainly isn't as blue or transparent as the renderings posted above. I'm sure it'll be an impressive wall of reflective glass when the building is complete and completely clad, but I really like RBC's glass better.

Murano's glass is different from both. It's more transparent than BA, less silver, and there's the whole staggered crosshatch pattern going on. It's a really cool effect.

The detailing on the Bay Adelaide glass is a bit more than was indicated on the renderings that have been posted. The transparent glass is nice and not over the top like RBC. I don't know how RBC is going to look when their tenants actually move in, and we can see the going ons of the office. But that is a wait and see kinda thing. I like that the BA glass has a few very cool elements: the glass is dark, the glass is transparent, the glass is reflective, and it has a nice grey detailing element that was not indicated on the rendering. Looks Amazing!! - can't wait for more glass to go up.

Back