News   Jul 15, 2024
 183     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 356     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Apple Store

Who knows, maybe the Union Station Apple Store will be open for in time for the Pan Ams. (I'd be surprised though. Not so sure they'll be in the first section to open.)
Maybe I missed a few posts or something, but is a Union Station Apple Store really a go? It's an obvious spot for one, just never heard confirmation (until now).

I'm just betting heavily that they'll go in there. No idea how the staging is going to work though, and Osmington have been as tight-lipped about Union retail as Apple is about its new stores, so who knows what's actually happening there…

but Osmington needs a big-time draw to get Union Station going as a retail destination, and Apple needs more space downtown, ideally in a space that could have huge daily numbers, so it's a perfect fit for both.

Why would Apple consider Sun Life Financial when Union Station is available? Union will have several times the amount of traffic. Only stores that would be too big to fit into Union would look elsewhere for retail in that area.

That's really interesting, Johnny. Thanks for posting it. I suspect the effect is similar in Canada, but would be interested if anyone had actual insights other than my speculation.

That's been discussed at length in our thread for The One and has been obvious since the original batch of renderings came out.

TheOneCrnrApple1400.jpg

Attachments

• TheOneCrnrApple1400.jpg
    TheOneCrnrApple1400.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 496
Indeed - and recall the original rumour back in 2012 of Apple taking over the Stollery space as well.

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2012/02/apple-open-1-bloor-west

Though of course Apple didn't purchase the site, but it would be inconceivable that they wouldn't have designs on an outlet on Bloor. Interestingly 1BE also had ground level renderings that suggests Apple being a tenant.

AoD

Much better than being the ground level tenant of a large mall and department store The One is slated to become?

Yup. The Apple Store is one retailer that doesn't need a mall to do well. It's a destination in itself. Most of their flagships are outside of malls, not part of malls.

1BE would provide a space where the brand stands out, instead of being mixed in with a bunch of other brands. 1BE also has a lot of Apple like traits already (White, clear glass, sleek lines) which would complement the brand quite nicely.

Last edited:
The location of the new Apple store was a more interesting discussion 4 years ago when Apple was cool. Today, they still make some of the best phones and computers on the market, but that mystique is gone.

I was in the Apple store last week. Place was packed, mid-week, mid-day. Still seems like a destination. (And it's why I generally do my Apple shopping online, but this time I needed to actually go there.)

Back