News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 463     0 

Apple Store

What's going on with the Buffalo store on Yonge? Aren't they closing? That would be a better location then the Eaton Centre.

The store has been vacant for a few months now. The was still a "for lease" sign on it last time I passed by. I agree, it would make a good location for an Apple store. But Apple being Apple, we probably won't know if or where they plan on opening up a new location until a few days before.

The store has been vacant for a few months now. The was still a "for lease" sign on it last time I passed by. I agree, it would make a good location for an Apple store. But Apple being Apple, we probably won't know if or where they plan on opening up a new location until a few days before.

I don't think Apple would put a store there being so close to Eaton Centre. I agree with what others have said, Union Station/PATH or Bloor seem more likely.

Speaking of the former Buffalo location, monthly rent is around $85K, and they want a minimum 10 year lease. I think we'll see another clothing store there:

http://www.thegridto.com/life/real-estate/know-vacancy-225-227-yonge-st/

Last edited:
I don't think the close proximity to the Eaton Centre would matter for Apple..stores like Forever 21 and Footlocker have stores in mall and also on Yonge

But personally, I think 1 Bloor E would be the ideal location for a new Apple store and the 227 Yonge space would be great for a Uniqlo flagship

I don't think the close proximity to the Eaton Centre would matter for Apple..stores like Forever 21 and Footlocker have stores in mall and also on Yonge

But personally, I think 1 Bloor E would be the ideal location for a new Apple store and the 227 Yonge space would be great for a Uniqlo flagship

To be honest, if they were to move to the building at Yonge/Gould, I doubt they would keep the Eaton Centre location open. Yonge/Gould would easily make up for it, as its right on the subway, and directly across the street from the Eaton Centre. It would definitely bring some of that mall traffic outside.

To be honest, if they were to move to the building at Yonge/Gould, I doubt they would keep the Eaton Centre location open. Yonge/Gould would easily make up for it, as its right on the subway, and directly across the street from the Eaton Centre. It would definitely bring some of that mall traffic outside.
Do you mean Yonge/Shuter?

I believe Tuscani is suggesting that they move to the base of the Ryerson Student Learning Centre, not the former Buffalo store. I think there's quite a bit more sq footage available at Rye's SLC.

i42:

I have doubts about Apple adopting that spot given how it is organized. If only they can snap up that horrid CityTV site and rip everything down for a store...

AoD

Oops! I did mean Yonge/Shuter, though even a Yonge/Gould location would likely result in the Eaton Centre location closing down. Toronto can definitely support both, but a single larger location can also service Toronto just fine.

I doubt Apple will leave the Eaton Centre for either Yonge/Gould or Yonge/Shuter. They might as well stay inside the Eaton Centre, and add at Union Station and at Bloor-Yonge. I think they could support yet another store at Yonge-Eglinton as well.

Suppose Toronto has approximately 2.8 million people and has four Apple Stores. It means that there are approximately 700,000 people per Apple Store.

If Apple opened up stores in Yorkville, Union Station, and Yonge and Eglinton, there would be approximately 400,000 people per Apple Store, which is more in line with many American cities.

I checked the Apple Store website. For those with problems with his/her Mac, the earliest available Genius Bar appointment can be almost a week away (the Eaton Centre is always fully booked).

This is why there is more than enough room for Downtown Toronto to have a minimum of two more Apple Stores to have Genius Bar appointments for Macs to be 48 hours or sooner on average.

I checked the Apple Store website. For those with problems with his/her Mac, the earliest available Genius Bar appointment can be almost a week away (the Eaton Centre is always fully booked).

This is why there is more than enough room for Downtown Toronto to have a minimum of two more Apple Stores to have Genius Bar appointments for Macs to be 48 hours or sooner on average.
An Apple store on Bloor could make sense too.

I walk past it several times every day for years, and often thought "it would be a perfect location for an Apple store"!
The one in Eaton centre is simply too small and has no character whatsoever. Why would Apple want to hide in malls in Toronto??

Suppose Toronto has approximately 2.8 million people and has four Apple Stores. It means that there are approximately 700,000 people per Apple Store.

If Apple opened up stores in Yorkville, Union Station, and Yonge and Eglinton, there would be approximately 400,000 people per Apple Store, which is more in line with many American cities.

Agree.
There should be one in Yorkville (but closer to Avenue Road, or even St George), one at Yonge/Dundas, one at Yonge/Eg.
But I prefer the last one to be one Queen West, maybe near Bathurst, instead of on the Yonge line again.

Last edited:
Based on demand, I may amend to having one in Yorkville (but closer to U of T), one at Union Station, one at Yonge and Eglinton, one in Scarborough Town Centre, one in Pickering Town Centre or Oshawa Centre, one in Vaughan Mills or Vaughan Metropolitan Centre or Hillcrest Mall in Richmond Hill, one in Trinity Commons or Shoppers World Brampton or Bramalea Centre, and one in Hamilton's Centre Mall or downtown Hamilton, such that there would be enough Apple Stores in the Golden Horseshoe to have Genius Bar appointments for Macs within 24 hours without having any stores having any walk-in appointments, especially given that there are new people who would book appointments who would otherwise not book appointments.

Currently, there are seven Apple Stores within the Greater Toronto Area, which has approximately 5.5 million people and I suggested the addition of eight more (counting the one in Hamilton) to be in line with the average American metropolitan centre. Don't discount the fact that Toronto is among the fastest-growing major cities in North America.

Last edited:

Back