News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 453     0 

Apple Store

I still say the best bets for Apple downtown are at 1 Bloor East and at Union Station, so either of those would be a year and more away from opening.

I still say the best bets for Apple downtown are at 1 Bloor East and at Union Station, so either of those would be a year and more away from opening.

I am looking forward to the opening of those Apple Stores. They would relieve pressure from the Yorkdale and the Eaton Centre locations, as well as allowing for same-day Genius Bar appointments.

Why the angst about a computer store?
I bought 2 computers at Best buy a couple of years ago and never went back, never had to. Should I want to?
Do Apple products require frequent visits to the mother ship, is Apple an appliance line or a cult?

Why the angst about a computer store?
I bought 2 computers at Best buy a couple of years ago and never went back, never had to. Should I want to?
Do Apple products require frequent visits to the mother ship, is Apple an appliance line or a cult?

Simple - because Apple Stores can be architectural icons in their own right - with an eye on design and details. I have yet to see a Best Buy attain that level of excellence.

RI:

Thanks - very clean, though a bit lacking in flourishes. I hope Toronto get something a bit less Apple Anonymous than that.

AoD

Last edited:
I think downtown could easily support both too (including keeping the Eaton Centre store).
I must agree. Toronto has more than enough room for three Apple Stores downtown. It would allow for same-day Genius Bar appointments, as well as them not being too crowded during the new stores' first year.

Last edited:
I don't know if they've made changes to the Genius Bar (more staff?) at the Eaton Centre, but someone I know just damaged an iPhone and got an appointment next day, and I just damaged mine (damn it all) and also got a next-day appointment. It used to generally be a week or so before you could book.

I don't know if they've made changes to the Genius Bar (more staff?) at the Eaton Centre, but someone I know just damaged an iPhone and got an appointment next day, and I just damaged mine (damn it all) and also got a next-day appointment. It used to generally be a week or so before you could book.

That's good to hear, they have rearranged where the Genius Bar is set up and perhaps this rearrangement has created more space for more Geniuses to work in the store.

The Eaton Centre store is still way to small for the number of people that fill it on a daily basis. I really hope that there will be a new store downtown in the near future. Hopefully a flagship store at Yonge and Bloor.

The more I thought about it the more I feel the Eaton Centre H&M addition is a wasted opportunity - imagine what it could have been like as a full blown standalone Apple Store? Can we tear down that mess and start again *please*?

AoD

I don't think it's a wasted opportunity because it's not an Apple Store. Architecturally, though, it does leave a lot to be desired, regardless of what is being peddled inside.

Skeezix:

That's what I meant - from an architectural perspective the addition left a lot to be desired. It's certainly doesn't compare well even to what was there before.

AoD

I don't think it's a wasted opportunity because it's not an Apple Store. Architecturally, though, it does leave a lot to be desired, regardless of what is being peddled inside.
Even if a restaurant with a patio were built on top I feel it would help a bit. It's too piddly as is and doesn't help define the square at all.

Back