News   Jul 15, 2024
 91     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Apple Store

^ The Greater Toronto Area is more like 6.5 million people now.
That is true and even more justification to have eight more Apple Stores (and eight may not even be enough by the time those eight were to be opened to the public). One Apple Store for almost a million people is definitely unacceptable. No wonder why Genius Bar appointments for Macs are almost always thoroughly booked out.

Last edited:
I don't know how Apple determines where their future stores go, but I don't think population is the main factor..for example, Tokyo, Japan has a metro population of over 37 million, yet has only 3 retail stores in city

One of the best things about Apple is (was) their customer service. The high end feel of shopping at Apple and the post sale service was unbeatable. In Toronto that is no longer the case. Having to wait a week to service an iPhone or a Mac that you depend on daily is unforgivable. Apple needs at least 2 more Apple stores downtown to deal with demand.

Within the past few months, I have made Genius Bar appts at the Eaton Centre location and was able to book spots within 24 hours. I was surprised and had expected to have to wait

One of the best things about Apple is (was) their customer service. The high end feel of shopping at Apple and the post sale service was unbeatable. In Toronto that is no longer the case. Having to wait a week to service an iPhone or a Mac that you depend on daily is unforgivable. Apple needs at least 2 more Apple stores downtown to deal with demand.
You should continue e-mailing whomever is in charge of Apple's physical retail division to add more Apple Stores in downtown Toronto. One week Genius Bar appointments is unacceptable, even to Tim Cook's standards.

You should tell MacRumors as well.

When you do both, do post screenshots of the available appointments in Toronto Eaton Centre and Yorkdale (and if they are solidly booked, then that would be strong evidence in favour of the need to open more Apple Stores).

Within the past few months, I have made Genius Bar appts at the Eaton Centre location and was able to book spots within 24 hours. I was surprised and had expected to have to wait
You are lucky, since the times that you are able to book that are within 24 hours are those who cancelled their appointments.

You are lucky, since the times that you are able to book that are within 24 hours are those who cancelled their appointments.
Both times I booked, I had multiple choices available. This was not the case previously, and I did read somewhere that they had increased service at the Genius Bar

Both times I booked, I had multiple choices available. This was not the case previously, and I did read somewhere that they had increased service at the Genius Bar
I have just checked and Eaton Centre is fully booked and Yorkdale, Fairview, and Sherway Gardens are almost fully booked. Markville Shopping Centre has a few spots available within 48 hours. Note that it is for Mac Genius Bar appointments.

Whether or not the Eaton Centre store has beefed up their Genius Bar availability (which in my experience doesn't seem to be the case), it's still a subpar experience going in there at nearly any time of day - almost impossible to get help, and in summer the HVAC really struggles to keep up.

I have just checked and Eaton Centre is fully booked and Yorkdale, Fairview, and Sherway Gardens are almost fully booked. Markville Shopping Centre has a few spots available within 48 hours. Note that it is for Mac Genius Bar appointments.
I was doing iPhone.

I was doing iPhone.

I recently booked an appointment for late in the day, closer to closing time. When i got there they said they were backed up and wouldn't be able to see me before closing, so I would have to come back the next day... Great service... What a joke.

Back