193     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 960     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 758     0 

Another police car crash.

G

gabe

I seriously think it's time for police drivers retraining two rather stupid mistakes luckily no was injured or killed.

Yesterday

A police cruiser parked on the Wallace Ave. railway tracks during a manhunt in the neighbourhood for a beer store bandit was hit by a VIA rail train Jan. 24, 2009. No one was hurt in the accident but the cruiser was heavily damaged.
http://www.thestar.com/article/576894

And today

Two Toronto police officers received minor cuts and scrapes when their cruiser veered out of control and plowed into a home on Jane St., at the corner of St. Mark's Rd., in Toronto's west end at about 9 p.m. tonight. Witnesses said the car swerved to avoid another car as they sped toward a Dundas St. W. holdup call
http://www.thestar.com/GTA/Crime/article/577210

Police_Academy_3_film.jpg

Knowing police officers I guess I have a bit more sympathy. In the first case they were responding to an officer shot. If someone in your family had been shot the last thing you would be thinking about is where to park your car. In the second case... is it really the police officer's fault or is it the car that seemingly didn't get out of the way?

Knowing police officers I guess I have a bit more sympathy. In the first case they were responding to an officer shot. If someone in your family had been shot the last thing you would be thinking about is where to park your car. In the second case... is it really the police officer's fault or is it the car that seemingly didn't get out of the way?

to err is human. which is why we need to invest in these:

Robocop_film.jpg

^^That thing would do more than crack the fish tank open if it hit a house.

Yup...never the cop's fault.

I also know police officers and to be completely honest this does not surprise me one bit. Off duty cops especially (in my experience) are the most arrogant, self righteous people I know. Put the uniform on them and strap on the duty belt and they become caricatures of themselves.

I was virtually run off the road by a cop a few weeks ago. I was making a left turn from the outside of a 2-lane advanced green and I was next to a cop. He took the turn hard and wide and in order to avoid him I swerved and drilled a snow bank...wrecked my bumper and alignment. We were actually going to the same place and when I noticed them inside I confronted the driver. He smirked and told me to "chill out buddy, nobody got hurt" and they both had a laugh. I can't tell you how many times I've watched these idiots pound beers all night and get in their Grand Prixs or Monte Carlos and drive home. They need to understand the fact that they are not going to an 'officer down' call every time they start a car.

If someone in your family had been shot the last thing you would be thinking about is where to park your car.

The idiots parked across the tracks...and you give them a pass? :rolleyes:

84C72FDC1870519B6A7FE8.jpg

Bad Cops, Bad Cops,
Bad Cops, Bad Cops,
Bad Cops, Bad Cops

Springfield Cops are on the case
but what do you expect for the money we make?
Whether in a car on a horse,
we don't mind using excessive force

Bad Cops, Bad Cops

Wiggum: Allright Boys, time to bag us a cattle rustler!

<Battering ram hits door open>

Rev. Lovejoy: What in God's name are you doing?

Wiggum: Isn't this 742 Evergreen Terrace?

Rev. Lovejoy: No, that's next door!

<Cows moo>

<Car squeals and drives off>

Snake: Close, but no donut, cops!

Wiggum: This is Papa Bear, put out an APB for a male suspect driving a...car of some sort. Heading in the direction of, uh...you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless! Repeat, hatless!

Last edited:
Not a good night for the TPD!...plus that Blues Brothers article...

Everyone: This was NOT a good night for the TPD judging by the two car demolition incidents-like leaving a car on an ACTIVE railroad track?
It must be a bit embarassing to the City!

Shon: Good article on the Chicago locales for "The Blues Brothers"
One of my favorite movies of all time-I was a regular visitor to Chicago between 1973-1988 and many places in it are famaliar to me.
Did Dan Ackroyd have Toronto connections more then SCTV? LI MIKE

The idiots parked across the tracks...and you give them a pass? :rolleyes:

Exception of taking the test for compassionate reasons. The whole "brother got shot in the head" part...

I saw a cop car turn on his lights and promptly turn right into a pick up truck. He didn't look in his blind spot and WHAMMO! Smacked him hard in the passenger side door and pieces of debris went everywhere. It made my day going into work last week.
I would have stayed as a witness but my cousin is a cop in 55 so it might not be a good idea.

Back