News   Apr 19, 2024
 234     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 915     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.4K     2 

91 King Street East (Albany Club, 25s, WZMH Architects)

Good enough. I certainly don't want to get into unnecessary internet fights.

Peace?

I think the more common technique of avoiding "unnecessary internet fights" is abandonment rather than peace--IOW once the zebra mussel/emerald ash borer that is the Libertrollian takes over, everyone that's at least half sane bails. (That's part of why Usenet became what it became.)

The planning application board is up on the wall of the Albany Club.

If what they are doing is trying to maximize the as-of-right zoning, then more power to them. But what appears on the board is not something that anyone would want built, I should think.

Also in the area, they have been drilling core samples on the East side of the parking lot on the Southeast corner of Victoria & Richmond since yesterday morning.

It's tough to tell, as there isn't much to the drawings. But it isn't pretty. The older buildings appear to remain facing King Street ... with a block-long building about 8-10 stories tall behind the older buildings, and then a tower on top of that on the west end.

It's tough to tell, as there isn't much to the drawings. But it isn't pretty. The older buildings appear to remain facing King Street ... with a block-long building about 8-10 stories tall behind the older buildings, and then a tower on top of that on the west end.

It is a VERY narrow lot as the laneway behind is City property. Hard to see how they could actually service 47 floors or provide parking or ...

Interesting. I read the elevation differently - as the block long building behind going straight up, more or less, 47 stories.

Thats how I interpreted it. In my own defence, it was 6:30 am and I was being walked by an impatient dog, so I didn't do much more than glance at it.

If the King Street stretch of older buildings is remaining untouched (or even renewed) then I'm incredibly relieved, however I'd also prefer that the block-long podium to be of a somewhat similar scale to those neo-Romanesque beauties across Colborne.

If the King Street stretch of older buildings is remaining untouched (or even renewed) then I'm incredibly relieved, however I'd also prefer that the block-long podium to be of a somewhat similar scale to those neo-Romanesque beauties across Colborne.
Assuming the footprint doesn't extend beyond the King Street lots that are included in the development application, you'd need to fold spacetime in order to get a new building in there while leaving the older buildings untouched.

Assuming the footprint doesn't extend beyond the King Street lots that are included in the development application, you'd need to fold spacetime in order to get a new building in there while leaving the older buildings untouched.

I'm assuming that the new building is going up on the parking lot behind the King Street buildings, facing on to Colborne, with perhaps an entrance that goes through one of the older buildings on King Street. It's a narrow lot, but no more narrow than the mid-rise phase of Boutique.

I'm assuming that the new building is going up on the parking lot behind the King Street buildings, facing on to Colborne, with perhaps an entrance that goes through one of the older buildings on King Street. It's a narrow lot, but no more narrow than the mid-rise phase of Boutique.

Part of the parking lot (from Church to about half-way down Colbourne) is being used for the proposed 60 Colbourne project and they do not own the other (westerly) part of it nor the Tom Jones lot nor the small parking lot lot at corner of King and Leader lane. All they own are the buildings.

Rough iPhone shot at night.

71-95-King-E.jpg

Back