News   Jul 15, 2024
 281     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 423     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.9K     1 

44th Canadian Federal Election

What's our prediction for the Greens? IMO, they lose both seats.
Most likely.

Regional/riding polls suggest that May is quite solid in her seat on Vancouver Island.

The other Green out there is leading.

The Greens are in a statistical tie for the lead in Kitchener Centre.

So while anything is possible, a wipe out seems unlikely.

Regional/riding polls suggest that May is quite solid in her seat on Vancouver Island.

The other Green out there is leading.

The Greens are in a statistical tie for the lead in Kitchener Centre.

So while anything is possible, a wipe out seems unlikely.
I was totally forgetting Vancouver.

1631501227460.png

In a separate note:

The rather popular premier of Quebec, especially outside Montreal, has endorsed the Conservatives..........

🤨

Wonder what impact that may have?

Wild that the Greens could gain a new seat with their popular vote down 50%.

Typical first past the post.
If it's Kitchener Centre, it'd be like a Jenica-Atwin-in-reverse circumstance, i.e. Mike Morrice positioning himself as a catchbasin for wayward Liberal votes...

CBC's poll average tracker has the Liberals back on top for popular vote. This is mostly not from the Liberals moving up, though they are a bit up from their lows, but from the Conservatives going down sharply.

1631573628509.png

A tweet below that tells us:

a) Why we should always treat polling data with suspicion

b) The Libs may be in more trouble than the polls show (small sample size makes this difficult to assess)

1631605199543.png

From this thread:

A tweet below that tells us:

a) Why we should always treat polling data with suspicion

b) The Libs may be in more trouble than the polls show (small sample size makes this difficult to assess)

View attachment 348817

From this thread:

What exactly is this "reverse engineering" showing? These numbers add up only to 93%, and the Liberal support at 20% is not consistent with any polling.
There's nothing worse than Poll Fandom Twitter which doesn't really know how statistics work, or worse, has a little knowledge of how it works.

Last edited:
What exactly is this reverse engineering showing? That numbers there add up only to 93%, and Liberals at 20% support is not consistent with any polling.

I wasn't 100% clear either, but I was thinking he was trying to show how those who voted had voted.

Back