News   May 03, 2024
 945     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 574     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 278     0 

2023 Toronto Mayoral by-election

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Scarborough and Downtown alliance to defeat Etobicoke and North York?

View attachment 488071

I look at this map, and I think........what was @Towered doing the last few weeks? Clearly not convincing his neighbours of anything sensible. In fact, it was the area of the city he's dedicated his life to ignoring that helped elect the candidate he world have preferred.

I think Towered has to buy Scarborough a cake or something.........err..........maybe free Timbits for everyone...... LOL

*ducks*

The contrast to the recent predecessors is amazing.

Chow is a person who has overcome great personal difficulties.

Tory had a silver spoon at birth.

Ford was the brother of a drug dealer. I guess Ford had a different kind of spoon.

Miller was a leftist lawyer.

Lastman was an appliance dealer.

Go figure.

Last edited:
Hmm... I guess I was wrong on my prediction. I thought it'd be Chow #1, Bailao #2, and the others further down in the polls. Guess not.
It seems I was right the first time.

So up until the very end, basically all the polls just sucked.

Did the dog get many votes?
0.08%, which puts that doggie in the top 5th of candidates.

The vote spreads, via The Local magazine:

IMG_5501.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5501.jpeg
    IMG_5501.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 36
I wonder how long it will be before Etobicoke-Lakeshore starts swinging progressive. I was a little surprised with Eglinton-Lawrence.

I wonder how long it will be before Etobicoke-Lakeshore starts swinging progressive. I was a little surprised with Eglinton-Lawrence.

Eglinton-Lawrence has long been a swing seat from red to blue.

Etobicoke Lakeshore voted NDP in the early 90s, then swung the other way.

If one accounts for "Bailao left-moderates" among the progressive-adjacent, it might already be latently there-ish.

Eg-Law is too "Don Valley West West" in the E, and too "York South-Weston East" in the W. (And I also wonder how much certain voting demos--in this case, Jewish & Italian--make a difference)

Last edited:
Have to look at this Bradford number:

1687833888167.png

Once the heir apparent to Tory.......wow....

Doubled by Chloe Brown (who, btw, ran a respectable, and far better campaign than him).......but bloody Chris Sky within 1,300 votes....

Ouch!

He finished 8th....

Last edited:
Have to look at this Bradford number:

View attachment 488077

Once the heir apparent to Tory.......wow....

Doubled by Chloe Brown (who, btw, ran a respectable, and far better campaign than him.......but bloody Chris Sky within 1,300 votes....

Ouch!

He finished 8th....
A different kind of ouch: 4.7% in his home ward--Perruzza got 10.7% in *his* home ward...

Back