News   Jul 29, 2024
 149     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 304     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

You can't blame people for how they vote. You can, however, blame the idiotic electoral system.

Then again, some people only call for electoral reform when it suits their needs. Not naming any Trudeaus (eg)....er, names.

With a real electoral system, Ford wouldn't get a majority if he went around for years handing out 20s and singing "trust me".

I think it's fair to hold people accountable for their choices.

If the polls are tied, that is a certainty that Ford Will win then.

FPTP maths should be mandatory teaching in schools. Prepare kids for the real world: "free" phones on two year contract; people "saving" money by queuing up for 20 mins to get petrol at 5 cents/L discount; accounting for pension liabilities as an asset, etc

37% > 63% FPTP Maths!

You can't blame people for how they vote. You can, however, blame the idiotic electoral system.

Then again, some people only call for electoral reform when it suits their needs. Not naming any Trudeaus (eg)....er, names.

With a real electoral system, Ford wouldn't get a majority if he went around for years handing out 20s and singing "trust me".

Of course, but when we're talking about voting intentions it isn't exactly righteous to blame anyone for anything when all three large parties in this province are fiscally inept.

I don't want a Ford government either. In fact, it's anathema to me (I'm a "criminal" to people like him), but I don't care how people vote. It's their choice and to me, this particular choice is not really any worse than the other "two".

Being up on people for how they vote is like an anti-abortion activist being up on ladies heading to a clinic for an abortion.

Well now...its not too often you and I disagree, LOL
Oh yeah? Let's talk about music then. ;)

But as a voter, you are ultimately responsible to be thoughtful, to do some research, to carefully consider what are and are not facts, and to vote accordingly.

If you muddle that....you get no free pass from me.

People blame the government and taxes for the fact that they have a hard time paying their bills because they "needed" the newest phone, a massive TV in every room, and seven cars and you think they have time to educate themselves past shitty soundbites and rubbish rhetoric (not oratory anywhere near media coverage of this election)?

Nah.

Of course, but when we're talking about voting intentions it isn't exactly righteous to blame anyone for anything when all three large parties in this province are fiscally inept.

I don't want a Ford government either. In fact, it's anathema to me (I'm a "criminal" to people like him), but I don't care how people vote. It's their choice and to me, this particular choice is not really any worse than the other "two".

Being up on people for how they vote is like an anti-abortion activist being up on ladies heading to a clinic for an abortion.

Of course. There are many people reasons vote for whom they vote for.

However, I think it's also fair to say that electing Ford goes beyond economic considerations.

However, I think it's also fair to say that electing Ford goes beyond economic considerations.

Fair enough. As I said, his type consider people like me criminals (I'm not going into detail as to why) so I'm not exactly comfortable with any semblance of a return to let's say Fantino-policing theory, for example.

I just think it's not right to rag on one type of voter when others can be equally uninformed/ignorant/daft.

Fair enough. As I said, his type consider people like me criminals (I'm not going into detail as to why) so I'm not exactly comfortable with any semblance of a return to let's say Fantino-policing theory, for example.

I just think it's not right to rag on one type of voter when others can be equally uninformed/ignorant/daft.

Feel free to crap equally on all voters who are ignorant irrespective of their type.

I may be happy w/the result of some ignorant decision making; but that does not actually excuse the ignorance.

Ignorance should always be condemned.

Of course. There are many people reasons vote for whom they vote for.

However, I think it's also fair to say that concerns regarding Ford go beyond economics.

Back