News   Apr 25, 2024
 280     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 898     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 915     0 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

He is taking a job with the federal Liberals. Something to do with a Pharmacare program.

I realize that. But no offense but it smacks of a patronage appointment.

The timing just doesn't feel right. This close to an election? The polling is still showing the PC's still doing strong despite the Brown saga.

Hoskins wouldn't be the first major cabinet minister to leave.

Wonder if there would be any spillage into the provincial races?

See link.

Scheer pledges Tories will recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital if elected

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer announced Monday his party would follow the U.S. president’s decision to recognize as Israel’s capital the city that Palestinians also claim as their capital.
A dog whistle position on a topic well outside provincial jurisdiction? Sounds like something Granic Allen would be all over.

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer announced Monday his party would follow the U.S. president’s decision to recognize as Israel’s capital the city that Palestinians also claim as their capital.
I do wish we'd stop meddling in the Middle East's affairs. Why does Israel get so much attention?

I do wish we'd stop meddling in the Middle East's affairs. Why does Israel get so much attention?
come on. you know the answer to that one. Bashing religion #1 for religion #2 get you votes from voters of religon #3.

hint: all 3 trace their roots back to the same area.

come on. you know the answer to that one. Bashing religion #1 for religion #2 get you votes from voters of religon #3.

hint: all 3 trace their roots back to the same area.
I don;t think that plays to Ontarians. Sounds like more an evangelical christian viewpoint that we'd see in the fringes of political thought here.

I don;t think that plays to Ontarians. Sounds like more an evangelical christian viewpoint that we'd see in the fringes of political thought here.
There is a sizeable minority for whom Israel, immigration and butt stuff are the most important issues imaginable.

According to Wikipedia, the Muslim population outnumbers the Jewish one by 2 to 1. If this is a political stunt, it is a pretty bad one.

I wonder how many countries does Canada have their embassy NOT in the capital?
How many countries have their Canadian embassies NOT in Ottawa?

Jerusalem isn't the capital of anything right now, and by the looks of it won't be for a long time. Next question.

Sheer is acting like a true dumbass with that statement of ill intent.

Back