News   Jul 12, 2024
 821     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 743     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 313     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It sounds like Mammoliti (TO's worst city councillor) may have a serious challenger, TDSB school trustee Tiffany Ford. She has a lot of prominent backers including Kristyn Wong-Tam, Michael Coteau, Adam Vaughan, Jill Andrew and Desmond Cole.

Mammolitti wont get reelected. If anything he will get deposed, run in the next provincial by-election and become the next justice minister.

Mammolitti wont get reelected. If anything he will get deposed, run in the next provincial by-election and become the next justice minister.

If it weren't for the Ford-led Tories being a readymade "enabler", I could just as well see a defeated/deposed Mammo running for a fringe party or as an independent--hey, if he's the sort to endorse Iola Fortino as Councillor...

Thank god. Without her name recognition in the running that rich suburban ward would be a lock to elect a fiscal-social conservative.

There are going to be some interesting council races in October. Here are a few races I will be watching. Ward 16 a new ward with two city councillors battling it out. Ana Bailao and Cesar Palacio. Who will win? Your guess is as good as mine. One thing is for sure. Only one of them will be returning to city council. Ward 25. This could turn out to be a real battle between school board trustee Chris Moise and Nicki Ward. Nicki is a strong community activist in the village, and will be a tough contender. Ward 39 - Scarborough. Michelle Holland-Berarnidetti will be up against Free Scarborough de-amalgamation activist, Robert McDermott. Berarnidetti supports amalgamation, so it will be interesting to see how people vote in this ward. It's going to be an exciting election.

I live in Michelles ward and I won't be voting for her.

As for de-amalgamation, that is a dead issue. I remember growing up in the City of Scarborough but most people in Toronto did not arrive here when it was 6 cities.

I miss Metro Toronto more than anyone but it would take Dougie to dismantle the city and currently he is preaching the Mike Harris bible. Mike Harris was the one that created Toronto as we know it today.

Mike Layton just registered to run for Re-Election.

Edit: Spoke too soon. He just tweeted his nomination papers; he’ll be filing them in the morning.

BE240191-EBEB-4F7E-AC4D-361F7E6A6D7B.jpeg

Attachments

• BE240191-EBEB-4F7E-AC4D-361F7E6A6D7B.jpeg
    BE240191-EBEB-4F7E-AC4D-361F7E6A6D7B.jpeg
    607.4 KB · Views: 492

Back