News   Sep 23, 2021
 887     2 
News   Sep 23, 2021
 353     1 
News   Sep 23, 2021
 1.3K     2 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
It was good the way Milczyn got the subway extended to Honeydale mall. This provides better access to 427, reduces congestion on Dundas, better serves Mississauga and reduces inconvenience during construction.
Oops - that didn't happen. Maybe it would have happened if he were effective.

Wow. Just wow. You really are something else.

JasonParis

Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe if we had a mayor that actually put a westward Bloor-Danforth extension as a priority, the province would see that the city was actually serious about the proposal so they would put some money towards the extension and accelerate the work.
The city didn't place this extension as a priority, so why would the province?
I find this as an example of the Ford's just taking Etobicoke for granted and putting more effort into North York and Scarborough. If Rob Ford had pushed for a subway expansion to East Mall (or potentially even Sherway), he may have actually got it.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The Ontario election results by Toronto ridings, from this link:

11 Toronto ridings went NDP
11 Toronto ridings went PC
3 Toronto ridings went Liberal

Multiply the ridings by 2 to get wards, we could get 22 leaning for NDP and 22 leaning PC, and 6 leaning Liberal, if we had the party system at the civic level.

Since Tory was PC, that means 1 extra PC. Interesting battle coming October for city council wards.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Rumour now has it that Lucy Troisi ("I will not run in this or any other Ward in the 2018 Election") has now been scared off running against George Smitherman in new Ward 23 and may now run in Ward 21 - where she is none too popular.

mjl08

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can definitely see Milcyzn running against Di Ciano to reclaim his old seat.

I wonder if recently defeated Arthur Potts could run for MMM’s vacant seat. He was a municipal lobbyist pre-Queen’s Park and ran in the 90s for council in Riverdale, losing to then environmental activist Peter Tabuns.

Last edited:

Filip

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can definitely see Milcyzn running against Di Ciano to reclaim his old seat.

I wonder if recently defeated Arthur Potts could run for MMM’s vacant seat. He was a municipal lobbyist pre-Queen’s Park and ran in the 90s for council in Riverdale, losing to then environmental activist Peter Tabuns.
I wonder if Milczyn would be interested in running against Grimes in Ward 6?

Those two really don't like each other, and Milczyn is a Lakeshore boy after all.

Videodrome

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did Chin Lee resign his seat or just go on leave to run provincially? He lost as well.

Last edited:

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
Now that Lorenzo Berardinetti lost badly in Scarborough Southwest I wonder how Michelle Holland (his wife) will fare. They are synonymous with the each other and despite changing her name people still know her as Michelle Berardinetti as a Liberal.

It will be interesting to see if she gets dumped this time around.

animatronic

Member Bio
Reaction score
I wonder if Milczyn would be interested in running against Grimes in Ward 6?

Those two really don't like each other, and Milczyn is a Lakeshore boy after all.
He’d have the best shot against Di Ciano, especially if the OPP investigation moves well. If Di Ciano were knocked out one would assume Milczyn would take it in a cakewalk.