News   Jul 26, 2024
 876     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.3K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     3 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

Seriously? It's a great slogan. I hope someone uses it.
From this article in the Star

Some of the people who signed up for Soknacki's email updates received an automated response that read, “Thanks for your interest in David Soknacki’s campaign to ‘stop the crazy train’ and bring politically courageous, experienced and professional leadership to city hall.”

Other people got a blander auto-reply that omitted the "crazy train" line. The campaign, spokeswoman Supriya Dwivedi said, is testing out various web messages to see which prove most successful in luring visitors, donors and volunteers.

"In case you were wondering," she said in an email, "the 'stop the crazy train' is proving to be quite popular."

Ford's 2010 campaign refrain was "stop the gravy train." Dwivedi argued that the Soknacki campaign is not calling Ford himself crazy.

"It's not referring to Ford," she said. "It's first and foremost a play on gravy train. The 'crazy' train refers to the general 'craziness' at city hall in terms of media circus when all the international media was parked outside and the dysfunction at council."

well, Rob has said multiple times that Doug is the smartest guy he knows... but, then again, Doug probably told him to say that.

I've got my money on him getting no more than 20% of the vote this election as well.
I wonder if there is a way to get a votable/clickable poll going on this forum for such a thing?

Rob Ford's re-election chances not promising according to recent polls

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ng-according-to-recent-polls/article16228498/

Apparently John Tory announced yesterday on his radio show that he is not running for mayor. Not sure why the media didn't report on it.

Last edited:
Sounds like wishful thinking to me; all the polls I've seen show Chow blowing any likely opposing lineup out of the water.

I'm inferring from that that you don't think Chow is genuine or qualified. If that's so, would you mind explaining why not? If I've misunderstood your meaning, I apologise.

Well,

Zero educational background

Zero experience in actually governing and making tough decisions

Very good at campaigning
Very good at championing single sided issues (transit and housing for all, nevermind how we pay for it). etc etc.

I'm inferring from that that you don't think Chow is genuine or qualified. If that's so, would you mind explaining why not? If I've misunderstood your meaning, I apologise.

Well,

Very good at campaigning
Very good at championing single sided issues (transit and housing for all, nevermind how we pay for it). etc etc.

Sorry, I was asking what made Chow underqualified, not Ford. Perhaps that wasn't clear.

Well,

Very good at campaigning

From Wikipedia: "Chow was an artist before becoming a politician and still paints occasionally.[20] She studied fine arts at the Ontario College of Art and philosophy and religion at the University of Toronto. In 1979, she graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Arts in fine art from the University of Guelph.[21]"

Also: "Chow was voted "Best City Councillor" on numerous occasions by Toronto's alternative weeklies Now Magazine[4][5] and Eye Weekly. In May 2012, Chow was named one of the top 25 Canadian immmigrants in Canada by Canadian immigrant magazine.[2]"

Lets see - School board trustee, 14 years at City Council, Federal MP..... looks like 22 some odd years in politics. Chow speaks a few languages well instead of barely handling his first language (RoFo).

You want to keep trying?

Last edited:
I guess you didn't get the joke.
Ahem, are you referring to those that chow on cats?

pussy_1.jpg

Of course Mew Goo Guy Ding is a myth...

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/chinese.asp

Back