News   Jul 26, 2024
 876     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.3K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     3 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

Ahem, are you referring to those that chow on cats?

pussy_1.jpg

Of course Mew Goo Guy Ding is a myth...

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/chinese.asp

Already Been Chewed ;)

Ford's lack of a serious campaign team is already showing:

Okay so I was originally willing to cut his "team" some slack. When I visited the website on my phone I assumed that it was like that because they haven't formatted it for mobile yet.

I was very wrong.

They're a bunch of fools.

Worst part is that after they got called out on violating campaign rules they didn't bother to replace the email with something else. Do these people not know of Hotmail (people still use that, right?).

Last edited:
Worst part is that after they got called out on violating campaign rules they didn't bother to replace the email with something else. Do these people not know of Hotmail (people still use that, right?).
Top notch lawyers do

That is the saddest excuse for a website. It's just there, a big blue screen. The email address has now been removed -- soon there will be nothing left!). Perhaps they have nothing to say?

That is the saddest excuse for a website. It's just there, a big blue screen. The email address has now been removed -- soon there will be nothing left!). Perhaps they have nothing to say?

According to the website designer Third-Eye Technologies, the Ford For Mayor Campaign website is a "Finished" project.

It has nothing to say beyond "Call me!" - so of course it's finished.

Based on the impressive blurb on their website, I'm guessing Third-Eye Technologies is a sole trader, or possible "some dude and his nephew who took an IT class in high school". Big clue: it's long on buzzwords and phrases like "management team" and short on names of those who work there (none are given):
International Blue Chip Corporation Third-Eye Technologies said:
Thirdeye Technologies focuses on the development of technology solutions that combine our expertise in business strategy, software development and integration, and user-interface design to meet the growing needs of businesses today. Our management team is at the cutting edge of technology based business solutions. Thirdeye Technologies strives to meet the business needs of the client and implementing the technology necessary to support it.

Not that there's anything wrong with running a small IT consultancy; I just think that the "big talk, small results" is very Fordian.

It turns out that Ford is a repeat customer; based on the CIRA record for thirdeyetech.ca, the face of Third Eye is Quint Guglielmi (LinkedIn). Note that according to Torontoist, Quint was also behind the Cut The Waist Challenge website, although Third-Eye Technologies don't mention that in their portfolio. That website was not without controversy; while it was possible to donate to a charity of your choice to support Rob Ford's attempts to lose weight, some charities were easier to donate to than others:

Torontoist said:
Filtering for words like “bicycle,” “gay,” or “library” would prevent users from making joke entries relating to Rob and Doug Ford’s famous discomfort with those topics, but would also preclude donations to legitimate donor-supported organizations, like the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives, the Toronto Cyclists Union, or the Toronto Public Library Foundation.

[...]

Asked which words were being blocked, [Guglielmi] said, “To tell you the truth, I couldn’t even tell you. I had my programmer do it. It was just certain words.”

Libraries of gay bicycles? No thanks!

I will be watching the evolution of the Ford for Mayor Campaign website with considerable interest.

Last edited:
Well, if that's their version of a finished website, I'm thinking ThirdEye isn't going to be getting a lot of business from anyone looking for a website creator :)

Doug Ford's website is pretty awful, as well. www.dougford.ca
It doesn't seem to be updated very often. Maybe because Ford does jack shit in his ward?

Woah there! Let's not be too harsh on DFord. Right there on the front page it says that he will be "in attendance" at not one but TWO community consultations in his ward at the end of May 2013(!), if you can wait that long:
Mural-Project-Notice.jpg

I checked to see if Third Eye was behind that as well, but no. Amin Massoudi is the domain owner from back when he was Doug's EA, and the web-wrangler is some other company.

Attachments

• Mural-Project-Notice.jpg
    Mural-Project-Notice.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 390
Ugh. That scary mug greeting you first thing is horrid.

Nearly every photo I've ever seen of Doug, he has that look on his face like he's just realised his last fart had some unexpected solid components.

Hey look! He has a section about the ice storm! Apparently we're now down to only 18,000 customers without power. As it's been three weeks since the ice storm hit, I'd say that's an emergency!

...and now back to the Mayoral race. I found this pair of gems amongst many others on the comment board for this light-on-facts Sun editorial about how Ford is totally the man to beat and definitely not a Dead Mayor Walking:
Sun commentor 1 said:
If she ever got in we'd all be shouting "Ho Lee Chow! We in big trouble now!"
Sun commentor 2 said:
You got that right! If Chow was elected mayor, all taxpayers would be in big trouble for sure. We would be taxed to death and those of us that own homes would lose our homes because of the taxes Chow would dream up if she was our mayor.

Casual racism and apocalyptic fear-mongering! Terrific! :rolleyes:

Wait a minute - Chow would take my home away? No vote for her then.

Last edited:
Doug Ford's website is pretty awful, as well. www.dougford.ca
It doesn't seem to be updated very often. Maybe because Ford does jack shit in his ward?

Dougie does seem to cheap, dissmissive, or just ignorant of the medium. He should join the 21st century, then again Dougie, like Robbie, does not belive in proper accountibility to voters.

I think he looks like the creepy uncle or something.

He has my vote for Uncle Fester.

Back