News   Jul 16, 2024
 650     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 581     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 724     2 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

Yah someone on reddit was complaining about finding a Thomson sign in their front lawn after work yesterday.

I don't really see how pissing off the people who were somewhat favorable to her in her database is a winning campaign tactic.

The Liberals have been promoting Terry Chu, and I wouldn't count out Mike Yen. With so many people running, the vote split is going to be interesting.

Does anyone know if the ward debates can be streamed online, any place else besides on the Rogers website? I'm not a Rogers customer, therefore I can't watch any of the debates on their site. I really want to see the one between Mary Hynes and Denzil Minnan Wong (Ward 34). It's pretty ridiculous and unfair if the only way to see them is to be a paid customer.

Does anyone know if the ward debates can be streamed online, any place else besides on the Rogers website? I'm not a Rogers customer, therefore I can't watch any of the debates on their site. I really want to see the one between Mary Hynes and Denzil Minnan Wong (Ward 34). It's pretty ridiculous and unfair if the only way to see them is to be a paid customer.

I'm a Rogers customer...I'll speak to my computer guru son and attempt to give a link or a stream to the board....

Ward 26...Parker got a really rough ride on the City ward debate...luckily there have only been single digit views of this debate or Parker would be looking for a new job come Oct 28
Burnside, Sparrow, Velshi, Vania and even Popov performed better....

Judging by the early number of lawn signs in Ward 4, I'd say John Campbell is leading at the moment. He only lost by a few hundred votes to Gloria Lindsay Luby in 2010. He was endorsed by Rob Ford last time around, so that makes him a non-progressive asshole who won't be getting my vote. Actually, going down the list of candidates in this ward is very frustrating because they're mostly cut from the same selfish NIMBY cloth as he. The only one who seems half-decent doesn't look like he has the slightest chance, but I'll be voting for him - Calvet.

Listened to the debate...only DWM and Hynes took part, it was very civilized...There isn't much to differentiate them, one is more idealized (Hynes) the other somewhat more practical...They agree substantially on transit, less so on housing, services and taxes...In the end it is going to come down who makes you warm and fuzzy...Hynes if you are slightly more progressive and DWM if you are a little more to the right...

A bit saddened that Karen Sun isn't running for office again, she impressed me last time vs Layton.

There's a Scott Bowman running in Ward 19 vs Layton. I wonder how many think it's the legend coach Scotty Bowman. If I was Scott Bowman campaign manger I would never put a picture of him up and have my motto "I'm Scott Bowman, yes THAT Scott Bowman" ;) and leave it up to the voters imagination.

My impression of Leaside is that they are largely apathetic to the council race. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Parker wins again due to the incumbent vote.

Now the Ward does extend all the way to Thorncliffe Park. I'm not sure which direction they will be vote in.

Judging by the early number of lawn signs in Ward 4, I'd say John Campbell is leading at the moment. He only lost by a few hundred votes to Gloria Lindsay Luby in 2010. He was endorsed by Rob Ford last time around, so that makes him a non-progressive asshole who won't be getting my vote. Actually, going down the list of candidates in this ward is very frustrating because they're mostly cut from the same selfish NIMBY cloth as he. The only one who seems half-decent doesn't look like he has the slightest chance, but I'll be voting for him - Calvet.

I went through there this morning. What I found interesting was the thus-far total non-evidence of Chris Stockwell...

Back