News   Jul 16, 2024
 605     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 564     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 707     2 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

Naw; Moscoe was too wiley. Not loose-cannon enough.

In that light: maybe the closest thing to a mayoral "left-wing Rob Ford" was John Sewell.

Wow looking up J Nunziata bio, what a piece of work. via wikpedia

On October 20, 2008, Nunziata was arrested and charged with assaulting his ex-wife's boyfriend, Murray Milthorpe, allegedly by kicking him in the buttocks. Nunziata said, "I didn't kick him. I don't know how he got the bruise on his ass, but I mean, he deserves an ass-kicking, but I didn't give it to him." Following a two day trial during which he admitted under oath that he had indeed kicked Milthorpe, Nunziata was found guilty of assault, and guilty on one count of breaching a court order. Nunziata was ordered to have no contact with his victim, sentenced to one year of probation and court ordered anger management classes. In January 2012 the Law Society of Upper Canada started disciplinary hearings against Nunziata for lying under oath. In October 2012 the Law Society found him guilty of lying and fined him $5,000 plus $6,021.41 in costs for his transgression.

Subsequently, Nunziata pressed charges against Milthorpe whom he claimed was “bugging†his 14-year-old daughter at a rink where Nunziata's son was playing hockey. These charges were later dropped as the police found no evidence in support of Nunziata's allegations.

Holy crap this guy is like an adopted Ford. Assaulting somebody, denying it and in the last second in court admitting to it. Then hide behind his kids to frame the same dude. Why do these roaches keep wanting to come back?

I would add Janet Davis, Josh Matlow, Jaye Robinson, Gord Perks, Mike Layton and Michael Thompson to the list of incumbents who may as well be acclaimed due to their weak slate of opponents. I'm sure there are many, many more.

Is there any credible challenger to Kristyn Wont-Tam in Ward 27?

I have received a piece of literature for Megan McIver. She's using red as her primary campaign colour and is obviously going for the liberal votes in the ward.

Wow looking up J Nunziata bio, what a piece of work. via wikpedia

And meanwhile, the *other* under-the-wing-of-DoFo "comeback kid", Chris Stockwell--I've mentioned this before, but what's happened to him? He used to be the archetypal overgrown-high-school-weisenheimer type (a proto-Hudak with a dash of EtobiFord populism); now he's, like, 55ish going on 65ish or something...

City councillor, a well-paid job for life?

Imagine if you had a job that paid $105,000 a year, and you were basically guaranteed to keep it.

Caught doing heavy drugs? No problem. Didn’t show up for months? It’s still yours. Break a few important company rules? Don’t worry about it!

The longer you had the job, the better your chances were of keeping it.

Best yet: The company would pay you to take time off to train for your general review.

I am describing the job of a city councillor.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/09/17/city_councillor_a_wellpaid_job_for_life.html

open-house-flyer.jpg

Attachments

• open-house-flyer.jpg
    open-house-flyer.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 720
Domise has close ties to the Ontario Liberal Party and his campaign team is being run by Young Liberal execs. Now that the odds are stacked against him in Ward 2 I wouldn't be surprised if he uses the campaign to increase his profile and run for the Grits down the road. He is definitely a political star in the making.

Back