News   Jul 16, 2024
 600     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 562     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 706     2 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

People like Nunziata showcase just how much of a gaping policy divide there is within the Liberal party. The fact that Nunziata, Karygiannis, and John McKay are in the same party as Wynne, Vaughan and Glen Murray is mind-numbing.
Nunziata was tossed out of the Liberals in 1996 after he voted against the Chretien government in a confidence vote. He subsequently ran against the Liberals twice as an Independent. I thought he had been a Conservative for some time.

Last edited:
People like Nunziata showcase just how much of a gaping policy divide there is within the Liberal party. The fact that Nunziata, Karygiannis, and John McKay are in the same party as Wynne, Vaughan and Glen Murray is mind-numbing.

Nunziata was tossed out of the Liberals in 1996 after he voted against the Chretien government in a confidence vote. He subsequently ran against the Liberals twice as an Independent. I thought he had been a Conservative for some time.

John is still a liberal. The Liberal Party support is a mile wide and an inch deep. They are the Bay Street Party before anything. Social issues have not always been at the forefront, especially post Pierre Trudeau.

John is still a liberal. The Liberal Party support is a mile wide and an inch deep. They are the Bay Street Party before anything. Social issues have not always been at the forefront, especially post Pierre Trudeau.
Do we have any evidence of that? Does he not also hold Conservative membership?

Because there's nothing more pressing than penises...

ddale8 9:20am via TweetDeck
John Nunziata begins his council campaign, talks about "penises hanging out" and "scrotums": https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/511867144938590209/photo/1

What a douche. I can't believe I'm rooting for Frank Di Giorgio, but the last thing we need on council is another Mammoliti-esque clown who's addicted to his own notoriety.

In an ideal world, Lekan Olawoye would mop the floor with both of them.

I just had a terrible thought... If Doug Ford is elected Mayor, would he make Giorgio Mammoliti Deputy Mayor? Yikes!

Last edited:
In terms of ideology, he is still middle of the road.
His anti-abortion views were seen as quite extreme when he ran to replace John Turner in 1990. And now he wants not John Tory, but Doug Ford as the next mayor of Toronto?

I'm not sure his mayoralty position is middle of the PC party, let alone middle of the road.

His anti-abortion views were seen as quite extreme when he ran to replace John Turner in 1990. And now he wants not John Tory, but Doug Ford as the next mayor of Toronto?

I'm not sure his mayoralty position is middle of the PC party, let alone middle of the road.

There are some Liberals that are anti abortion. That does not mean much. John McKay was mentioned above.

There are some Liberals that are anti abortion. That does not mean much. John McKay was mentioned above.
It's no secret the current leader of the Liberal party has been trying to dump McKay but of his extremist views though.

But my point was that it was his support of Doug Ford over John Tory that puts him right of middle of the PC party, let alone middle of the road.

Does anyone have a link to the rogerstv schedule for the councillor debates? Someone posted the calendar in the RoFo thread (when mikey was still running) but that was before the switcheroo, probably buried under 50 pages at this point. I didn't have any luck skimming through the last 10 pages of this thread and the rogerstv site only lists the mayoral debates. I thought they started this week or next.

I guess Mikey won't be debating Andray Domise now and neither will Rob, unless he somehow makes a miraculous recovery.

We need Howard Moscoe to come out of retirement to run again. He was the left-wing version of Rob Ford.

Back