News   Apr 26, 2024
 179     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 433     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

These characteristics are of course what make Adam Vaughan Adam Vaughan (why else would the Toronto Sun hate him and call him the architype of all downtown elites?). Your ideas are also good things to fight for, especially the first one.

I am much more ambivalent about the M/G development (not so much about heritage, but I'd like to see some sympathetic acknowlegement of their existence, even if it were just the Eclipse Whitewear bulding on the corner with John; I'm more concerned about the existing infrastructure, the precedent, and the arrogance of its main proponents). But otherwise this is bang on.

They should really put some sort of minimum standard of work/education experience for candidates. It's pretty depressing to see the resumes (or lack of) of these clowns that actually run our city.

Mods perhaps we should create threads for individual council races? I have a feeling that a few of the more well known councilors will dominate this thread. That's not fair to residents in the other wards.

Maybe there could be a sub-forum dedicated to the individual 2014 Mayor/Council races, so that Toronto Issues doesn't become one large political forum.

They should really put some sort of minimum standard of work/education experience for candidates. It's pretty depressing to see the resumes (or lack of) of these clowns that actually run our city.

The Ark was designed and built by amateurs, the Titanic had to rely on Engineers.

Mods perhaps we should create threads for individual council races? I have a feeling that a few of the more well known councilors will dominate this thread. That's not fair to residents in the other wards.

Maybe there could be a sub-forum dedicated to the individual 2014 Mayor/Council races, so that Toronto Issues doesn't become one large political forum.
I must agree. The Rob Ford thread itself consists of over one-third of all posts in the Toronto Issues forum.

The Ark was designed and built by amateurs, the Titanic had to rely on Engineers.

Ignoring the fact that both the Ark and the amateur that built it are fiction, if you needed a ship built would you really ask a bunch of amateurs to design it for you? Really?

I presume the ark needed some level of expertise to actually be built. If Ford were in charge, he would say that he's building an ark while blaming others simultaneously for the fact that nothing being built.

The Ark was a myth? Does the Pope know?

Not to get off topic tooooo much, but a global flood event is mentioned in many cultures. Noah and his ark is a story which explained in parable a a planetary wide environmental disaster. There are similar stories in BC Coast Salish, first nations culture, using their own cultural motifs, but referencing the same or similar event.

Last edited:
So far, only Doug Ford as far as I know. I wouldn't be surprised though if Gloria Lindsay-Luby (Ward 4) doesn't run; she's been absent quite frequently in the last year. She's the councillor representing the area where DoFo and RoFo live.

She was the one whom the Fords tried to bully and threaten into withdrawing? (Years ago)

Not to get off topic tooooo much, but a global flood event is mentioned in many cultures. Noah and his ark is a story which explained in parable a a planetary wide environmental disaster. There are similar stories in BC Coast Salish, first nations culture, using their own cultural motifs, but referencing the same or similar event.
...and the Noah's Ark story was based on a very similar scene in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Back