News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 961     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     3 

1 St Thomas (Lee Development, 29s, Stern)

What's your opinion of 1 St. Thomas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If any of these faux buildings were examples of anything new being done with styles dredged up from the past - if they were in any way connected to the spirit of our times and reflected it - they'd surely win some critical acclaim for doing so and we'd know about it. But they're a product of marketing culture, not design, and for the most part they're ignored as irrelevant when buildings are celebrated by organizations representing the local design and architectural communities. Under these circumstances, Tewder's weak "the deco of Stern is not a complete reproduction" is probably closer than most reasonable people would dare go in claiming significance for this sort of thing.

I don't want to argue in circles over this US. I respect your point of view, though ultimately I disagree for reasons already explained.

Looks like some residents have moved in now.

Such refreshing attention to detail.

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1553.jpg

DSCN1554.jpg

DSCN1556.jpg

DSCN1557.jpg

DSCN1558.jpg

DSCN1560.jpg

Call me reactionary but I think this building's phenomenal. The fit and finish and attention to detail are tops. Thanks for the pic's.

No, no. You are supposed to hate this and like the sophisticated contemporary brick parking garage podium at the Distillery with its thoughtfully designed hole revealing the essential truth of its garageness.

Back