News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 957     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     3 

1 St Thomas (Lee Development, 29s, Stern)

What's your opinion of 1 St. Thomas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having balconies isn't the only measure of a building's qualities. Manulife looks great, 1 St. Thomas pales in comparison. I do, however, like it more than US does. As far as historical pastiche goes it could definitely be worse, and I appreciate the use of real limestone on the lower portions of the building.

Casaguy, your vantage point is amazing. CASA is on my list of buildings that I'd like to live in, though sadly it may be a little while before I can afford to do so. I always look forward to your photo updates.

how so.. it doesn't even have balconies.

It has Yorkville'ish priced market units in the bottom half which are good sized suites and then huge luxury apartments in the top half of the building. They keep the outside of the property immaculate, common areas and apartments in top shape, apartments are thoroughly renovated to condo-like status prior to move-in, separate elevator lobbies for the "low-rise" & "high-rise" sections, year 'round heat and A/C, they have great facilities including exclusive use green spaces, it's in a dynamite location with killer views, 24/7 manned security, a concierge, cable & hydro included in rent... there's more, I can't think of everything right now.
Check out the lobby sometime, you'll get the idea of what kind of building it is by scoping it out.

Last edited:
Drake asking $4.2M for 22nd floor suite

http://blog.buzzbuzzhome.com/2013/06/drakes-yorkville-condo.html

Apparently, Drake started from the bottom, then moved into the 22nd floor of a Yorkville high-rise. A source has informed Leonard the Bee that the songwriter, rapper and Torontonian has put his Yorkville condo on the market. The 3,600-square foot home at 1 St. Thomas has a $4.195 million price tag and features two big bedrooms, two heated terraces, a double-sided fireplace and a private ensuite elevator.

Just can't get enough of this building so I thought I'd post a shot from today. :)

IMG_0771.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 915
This is still one of my favourite newish buildings in the city. I'd love to see lots more buildings like this.

It's one of mine too. Uptown could have turned out close to this had just a few things been done differently, at slightly higher expense.

Yes I agree with you all, 1 St. Thomas is an outstanding building, I love seeing it. Wish there were a few more like it around TO.

Back