News   Jul 15, 2024
 654     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 805     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 615     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, yeah, it was the Parade. Why would you think it was an unveiling of a new car?? I don't think as much people would show up =P!

March 22 2009 update

I found so much progress @ 1BE tonight I couldn't stop myself from reporting it ~ (the excitment here is driving me WILD !) :eek:

IMG_3591.jpg

Last edited:
And not a single soul to be found at Y+B at night.

Well, it is a Sunday night.

My comment references an earlier post that Yonge & Bloor pretty much dies around 9pm due to the loss of the cinemas in the area, restaurants now close early, the few remaining record stores close early and bars (save for the strip club) are now either closed or doing no business. Yonge & Bloor is now a dead zone at night yet it used to be such a busy, vibrant area just a few years ago.

Last edited:
The Manulife Centre seems to be the only vibrant part of Yonge & Bloor right now.

This should change once another 1500 people move onto Charles Street E. by this time next year... and then another 1500 or so people on Balmuto in about 2 years...

I find many businesses in this area close early, and this seems to be why there is less traffic.

I can't understand why some of the underground shops close so early on the weekend. All the shops will be closed but the foot traffic underground is just packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back