News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 731     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the article yyz.

That sounded really quite interesting - are there any examples of porcelain enamel being used as a cladding in Toronto?

AoD

The Sears store at the Eaton Centre is clad in porcelain enamel panels.

^ That seems a bit strange - I don't think anything new has been submitted to the planning department. The plan by Bazis was to use pre-approved zoning from the old Kolter plan and the squeeze additional floors out of where Kolter had theatres with huge ceilings and from Kolter's old hat/spire/crown and then likely apply for some minor variances to get a bit of extra height... but 309.1m seems like a large increase.

When do the variances have to be filed? Is there any deadline?; They have stated they would like to begin construction in the spring of next year.

Maldive has a nice new render over in yet another ssp pissing contest. It Shows how 1 Bloor East could impact the Yorkville skyline viewed from the west.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=136812

5yearcompare.jpg

In all it's glorious height...

Does anyone know how to add to this mock up to include Casa as well? (Different angles would be cool too!)

YBfuture.jpg

Pic posted by Istrian at SSC.

Wyliepoon, thank you for all of your models. They're brilliant. I have played with Google Earth ages ago so I'm not too familiar with adding models to the program now.

Tonight I was able to download the Casa model and can fly around it, which is cool, but I can't seem to add more than one building to the map. (I have a feeling my graphics card or MAC OS just isn't advanced enough. (It looks like you created the CASA model and the 1 Bloor model with different Sketchup programs... I wonder if that is causing the problem?)

Also, a minor point about your Casa model... the outdoor pool etc will be on the west side of the building, not on the east.

Mac OS should handle many building models Google Earth at once, but the more you add, the slower it gets of course.

It's worth checking to see if you have the latest Google Earth too.

Thanks for your advice... I downloaded the latest google earth and it told me I do not have a fast enough graphics card... but I could still create the image below (which pales in comparison to the earlier posted image).

And no matter what I tried I could not load the model for 1 Bloor East.

...Either way, I guess it's time for a hardware upgrade...

In case it's not obvious, the Casa model is in the foreground.

Which reminds me... we don't really know yet what the building will look like when it's completed. We've only seen renders of it at night. I wonder if Cresford or their sales office will know what colour the windows, etc will be.

goog.jpg

The same thing happened to me -- I was running Google Earth, and it ran fine, but choked on 1BE, not just once but on all four separate runs I tried. Perhaps there's a problem with the model?

Bill

If you desperately need to recreate the scene above with 1BE, try downloading Google Sketchup, and then download all the building models into Sketchup.

An advantage to this is that you can manipulate the models, such as hiding all the lines seen in the Google Earth models.

Here is another rendering. This one completed by Maldive at SSP

This is only the new projects to be completed in Toronto over the next few years.

onlynew.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back