News   Jul 23, 2024
 534     2 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 446     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 477     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

honestly,,, how dumb can drivers get....
Ahh the St Clair, Spadina and QQW style driver

Can I see your driver license please.............Rip Rip Rip..........you need to call someone to pick you up as well driver you car as you are not allow to drive any vehicle until you learn the new rules of the road as well how to drive them and then apply to be retested and get a new driver license

honestly,,, how dumb can drivers get....
I don't know the story here, but things happen. I've messed up the Bathurst Lakeshore intersection before, and found myself heading south on the streetcar tracks.

I knew the tracks were there, so it was a dumb mistake.

At the same time, why is there (still!) no paint markings on the road, to guide the car that's turning west to south? Looking through Google Streetview you can see some sad remains of such paint, in photos from 17 years ago. I assume they were originally there a quarter-century ago when they built that section of track.

Ahh the St Clair, Spadina and QQW style driver

Can I see your driver license please.............Rip Rip Rip..........you need to call someone to pick you up as well driver you car as you are not allow to drive any vehicle until you learn the new rules of the road as well how to drive them and then apply to be retested and get a new driver license
Nah, they should be charged with attempted murder. Put them behind bars for a few years and see if they learn.

Nah, they should be charged with attempted murder. Put them behind bars for a few years and see if they learn.
you guys are nuts. One wrong turn and you get an attempted murder charge? Are you insane? The driver made a mistake. Deserves a ticket for it, possibly even license suspension, but attempted murder is absolutely ridiculous.

you guys are nuts. One wrong turn and you get an attempted murder charge? Are you insane? The driver made a mistake. Deserves a ticket for it, possibly even license suspension, but attempted murder is absolutely ridiculous.
talk about lack of humour..... :rolleyes:

in all seriousness, stronger deterrence measures are needed. their car needs to be impounded for 7 days and they need to be charged heavily with reckless driving driving as well as sent the bill for towing and inconvenience

I was up on Finch today and noted that there are hatched lines painted on the roadway at all the station platforms. Doesn't help at other intersections, but perhaps it's a start.
Somewhere on social media I found an old photo recently showing a car that had driven onto a streetcar right of way somewhere in the US, back in the 1950's.... with a PCC street car facing the driver. This kind of mishap is not a new phenomenon.
I'm not convinced that we have found the right set of signage and stimuli to help motorists stay off the tracks, particularly when turning onto a grade separated street with center transit median. It's fairly easy to get it wrong, especially at night or if in unfamiliar territory. And the collection of lights and signage, while no doubt complying with the signage manual, is fairly complex. I'm not expert in signage, but I wonder if something better can be found.
My notional solution would be a lighted barber pole kind of pillar with a universal meaning of "aim to the right, and never to the left" - the point being, it can be read (and aimed for) from any angle before or during a turn, where a flat Keep Right sign may not be readable until it's too late. Just me spitballing.... but my point is, this is mostly a matter of a fallible driver rather than a reckless or culpable one. Signage and road design should help drivers make the right decisions.

- Paul

Last edited:
Being charged with attempted murder is just a slap on the wrist in this country anyway 😂🤣

Back