Toronto 330 Richmond | 93.57m | 27s | Greenpark | Core Architects

Feb 11th

2EF1BC23-31C2-424E-A43C-1E8A35C3670B.jpeg

DF528C32-EF40-4DD7-8E47-7DB3D355161F.jpeg

The public realm depresses me a ton more than either of those 2 things. Ugly concrete sidewalk, ugly lamp posts made worse by all kinds of crap hanging off it, a road too wide, sidewalks too narrow, no greenery between sidewalk and road, and overhead electrical. The construction could end and one could build an attractive building but you'd still end up with a depressing street because the public realm is god awful.

It's abundantly clear that they don't hire anyone with any design sense. It's about function and getting it done cheaply. There's absolutely no consideration as to what it looks like. Canadian cities do lots of things well but this isn't one of them. They have no clue whatsoever.

Last edited:
That 2nd/3rd floor glue on 1900s Victorian facade on Queen West has to be the most absurd attempt at preservation I've ever seen. A complete tear down would be infinitely kinder than that public humiliation. It's almost like they're taking a swipe at Heritage Ontario by sticking that thing on the front.

That 2nd/3rd floor glue on 1900s Victorian facade on Queen West has to be the most absurd attempt at preservation I've ever seen. A complete tear down would be infinitely kinder than that public humiliation. It's almost like they're taking a swipe at Heritage Ontario by sticking that thing on the front.

Haha, I walk by there on an almost daily basis and I have never noticed but wow it looks so weird! Cannot believe I missed it but you can guarantee every single time I walk by there while it is still there, I will look up at it?

Back