353     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 543     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 487     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chow is a weak candidate. Many hard-core NDP will support the person carrying their brand no matter how weak (see Joe Pants), and do so vigorously enough that if your media hangouts run towards the slightly more thoughtful you'd think them the overwhelming choice, but in most places the NDP runs third party. Her consideration of transit questions seems to begin and end at that mother trying to get her stroller on to a rush hour bus. For her the most pressing concern for municipal affairs seems to be about expanding after-school and breakfast programs. She doesn't seem to offer much more than Janet Davis, Paula Fletcher and Pam McConnell, although that might be a bit unfair to McConnell, whose conception of the city might run somewhat broader than the others. There's certainly a place for the initiatives they advocate, but there is question for how much of that should be on the municipal tax base and to what degree such social reform should consume the work of city government. There are a lot of big challenges facing the city, and Chow just seems limited in how much of it might capture her attention.

I've been griping all along about how disappointing it has been that the best Toronto could do to combat Ford was dredge up a couple known but lacklustre names like Tory and Chow. Somehow I thought the shock of Ford would have inspired a more dynamic response.

All I could say to this is that I think you're mistaking a wrongheaded attempt to weave homespun populism into her early campaign message---she's been trying to course-correct from this huge misstep---for the scope of what she's actually capable of handling.

Well, Soknacki dropped out and Andray Domise is trailing Mikey Ford. I can understand why some more dynamic people might feel discouraged from participating in this shit show.

I dnt think even the most fanatical Socks supporter would describe him as "dynamic."

Do we have a recent and accurate poll to support that? The "delayed" poll that the FoFam sat on back in early summer wasn't a good truthful measure of this.

Not that I'm aware of. However, the fact that there is even speculation that Domise isn't destroying the kid is discouraging enough. They are so mismatched. If it were a street-fight people should be pulling Domise off him going "Okay, enough...he's bleeding out of his ears."

Ron Wadden ‏@Ron_Wadden 3m
'You're a rat piece of shit,' says Mike Tyson to Nathan Downer on live TV. Mr. Tyson. Class act.

This is live on CP24.

Wow. Slightly related - Tyson is on CP24 and lashed out with un-broadcast worthy language at Nathan Downer when Downer brought up the fact that Tyson was a convicted rapist and whether his endorsement would help or hurt the Mayor. Downer was blunt but Tyson was predictable Tyson.

Real classy.

I dnt think even the most fanatical Socks supporter would describe him as "dynamic."

I think he's getting a bum rap on that to be honest. He isn't polished or flashy in any sense but I found his geeky enthusiasm for policy and data dynamic in a sense. Like how Bill Nye is 'dynamic.'

Wow. Slightly related - Tyson is on CP24 and lashed out with un-broadcast worthy language at Nathan Downer when Downer brought up the fact that Tyson was a convicted rapist and whether his endorsement would help or hurt the Mayor. Downer was blunt but Tyson was predictable Tyson.

Real classy.

Well, CP2Ford deserves that for bringing him on the show!

Real classy.

I just saw that too....Tyson called Nathan Downer a "piece of shit"...."rat fuck piece of shit"....threatened Downer...and signed off with a fat fuck you.....

Ford Nation....there be your heavyweight thug champ...

I just saw that too....Tyson called Nathan Downer a "piece of shit"...."rat fuck piece of shit"....threatened Downer...and signed off with a fat fuck you.....

They'll probably eat it up. Tyson telling the liberal media elite to fuck off. He's their new hero!

It started with Don Cherry and it ends with this ... unspeakable Tyson.

What do you expect from a racist like Mike Tyson.

Well, Soknacki dropped out and Andray Domise is trailing Mikey Ford. I can understand why some more dynamic people might feel discouraged from participating in this shit show.

Altho there was (apparently) a Forum poll being done last Friday asking about Andray v Mikey, I haven't seen any reporting on it. The earlier poll with Andray trailing was done LAST JULY which was eons ago in camping time. It wasn't reported until well into August when it was already out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back