3.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 619     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day Toronto will get good government, and they are not going to like it.

Eat your ( political ) vegetables, Toronto!

Looks like GFL is in the news today.

And what is that going to do to GFL's CVOR....also is that going to require a revision to the report Staff was supposedly doing for release in September re the GFL District contract....

Could be more likely that there's a development application in for the FordFest site and they can use it to promote how much development Mikey will bring... continuing the good work (i.e., being lobbied) started by Uncle Doug.

There is indeed a dev application there. Rezoning to build 19 free-standing commercial, retail, and office buildings and about 2700 parking spots. The application was submitted in December 2013.

And what is that going to do to GFL's CVOR....also is that going to require a revision to the report Staff was supposedly doing for release in September re the GFL District contract....

I guess a lot depends if the driver was at fault. I had heard a report that the victim was already lying in the laneway when the GFL truck was "involved". Is it possible that the deceased was somewhere or in a position where the unlucky driver just didn't expect for anyone to be there? I have seen homeless people sleep in some really odd places - even under a parked truck in the downtown core.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/mike-tyson-endorses-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-211836398.html

The Tyson endorsement is front page news on Yahoo. That is not something to be proud of...

What bugs me is how earnestly they report this, as though Tyson actually gives a crap. He is in town for his one-man show and he is drumming up publicity. That morning he and his agent said "hmmm, what can we do to get you on television today?" That's it. And that goes for literally hundreds of things celebrities say, yet it's reported as though it were straight news.

What bugs me is how earnestly they report this, as though Tyson actually gives a crap. He is in town for his one-man show and he is drumming up publicity. That morning he and his agent said "hmmm, what can we do to get you on television today?" That's it. And that goes for literally hundreds of things celebrities say, yet it's reported as though it were straight news.

Hey on the brighter side, TIFF is on full-swing and how many one-on-ones has RoFo scored? Zilch.

AoD

Former boxing heavyweight champion Mike Tyson met with embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford on Tuesday, and then gave a glowing endorsement of Ford as "the best mayor in Toronto's history."

I wish somebody had of asked Tyson if he could name at least one other mayor in Toronto's history.

No, and I doubt it is necessary - they have investigative journalists and I am sure they are far, far better at this craft than I am (and it is their version of the lobbyist database I used). Besides, given the notoriety of UT, I am sure they/their eyes would have seen it.

AoD

They have so much on their plates that they don't always see these things...

I can send a link to the post, although it's hard with the wonky search feature. When did you post it originally?

It says more about the mindset of Ford and his team that they thing this sort of endorsement is a good idea. Although, who knows?---the way his supporters think, maybe it is.

is that a typo? should it say photo not video? 'cause this is the first i'm hearing that anthony smith was beside ford in the video. so if it video is correct, um, how would he know that? so it's gotta be wrong, right?

I was wondering if maybe it wasn't a typo, and that Towhey (or lawyers) had seen the vid(s) and was adding to the story...

A headline of:
"Mayor RoFo arrested on conspiracy to commit murder" Has an almost "Hm...wish I could say I'm shocked" quality to it.

Absolutely NOTHING is beneath FoFam, IMO. I mean it, what crimes could they possibly commit that would be a surprise?

They have so much on their plates that they don't always see these things...

I can send a link to the post, although it's hard with the wonky search feature. When did you post it originally?

Just tell them to look up a) where the next Ford Fest is taking place; b) who are the owners of the site; c) development proposals for said site; d) lobbying activities around developing the site and e) which councillors are lobbied and their relationship with the organizer of the Ford Fest et voila!

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back