1.2K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 770     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.8K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the first openly scheduled public appearance for Ford, and it was a disaster. Silverstein is getting a taste of what he signed up for.

Another amazing moment was when Ford scampered away in the Escalade with Jerry, and he described his reaction to new poll as "embarrassed". He was clearly knocked off his message there.

Also Massoudi ended up being interviewed, and scurrying away as quickly as possibly. They clearly were not prepared for this.

And yet, anyone with half a brain and a Twitter account could've watched last night as John Furr (resign, resign, resign) very publicly organized it through #topoli. Even I was invited FFS, and I assure you, no one wants to see my bare chest.

re: breaking window - please, weaksauce - just what would the campaigns gain by doing that? And if they hate him that much, breaking windows are kind of useless as a way to get even.

aoD

Because breaking a car window is something that is effective in the mind of Doug Ford, former Hash Dealer. So therefore in his mind, everyone else would do the same, so why not fake it/do it himself and toss out an accusation at actual, real politicians who do not have "Hash Dealer, Etobicoke area" on their resume.

Because breaking a car window is something that is effective in the mind of Doug Ford, former Hash Dealer. So therefore in his mind, everyone else would do the same, so why not fake it/do it himself and toss out an accusation at actual, real politicians who do not have "Hash Dealer, Etobicoke area" on their resume.

100%, except: Doug Ford is such ludicrously cocky moron that there IS no broken window. Like, I seem to recall he changed his story since this morning when he said that all his car windows were broken? Now it's just one. Tomorrow it'll be "I didn't say that." On and on.

Funny comment on the Sun article about the broken window:
"I think the real question is this: Why did Hashie have Crackie locked up in his SUV, and was Crackie hurt when he broke the window to escape?"

bob dogfuck.jpg

bob dogfuck2.jpg

http://www.peekyou.com/bob_marier/389743841

Attachments

• bob dogfuck.jpg
    bob dogfuck.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,029
  • bob dogfuck2.jpg
    bob dogfuck2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,045
context? for those of us without yahoo accounts.

here's a little more...

I never saw him on the John Abbott campus again, and had even almost forgotten his existence, collecting several similar experiences over the years. But in 1992, when in the Quebec legislature, I was back in Montreal drinking in Grumpy's on a Friday night, and ran into him.. He was very drunk, almost incoherent. I wouldn't have recalled him, but he remembered me, or perhaps 're-remembered' me when I became a public figure of sorts. He was not unfrirendly, but still wanted to talk, incoherently, about that encounter with me almost twenty years before. I was with a guy named Bob Marier, brother of a well-known Montreal radio announcer, who worked briefly for me on the West Island. Marier, to my astonishment, greeted the 1970s illiterate as a celebrity. He informed me that the guy had been a member of a very famous Canadian downhill skiing team, who had been at the Winter Olympics a few years before, and who had apparently been celebrated, and much admired by guys like Marier, for their speed and their nearly insane recklessness. They were actually known, I gathered, as 'those crazy Canadians'.

could this be his brother?

pete-marier.jpg

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/pete-marier/81/b3/138

i think it is...

Pete Marier

Brother BBob[sic] and I at the peak of Tremblant.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...39472801.69952.100001093433490&type=1&fref=nf

Attachments

• pete-marier.jpg
    pete-marier.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 960
Last edited:
In the article below, the CBC has adopted the terminology "Bob Marier, Ford's so-called sobriety coach" :)

Fellow UTers, let us never again use the expression "sobriety coach" without using the modifier "so-called", when referring to Bob Marier.

In all seriousness, trying to push around a protester and then running away when a cop calls him on his b.s. is pretty much the *last* thing a useful and effective sobriety coach would do.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ed-shirtless-protester-says-officer-1.2700050

Maggots and common folk, folks, are not supposed to talk back...

reporterdonpeat 1:15pm via Twitter Web Client
"There is a fine line, when the mayor goes out, from freedom of speech & harassment" Doug Ford on shirtless protest of Rob Ford.

Ah yes. Doug always knows which side of that line to stand on. Who can forget this measured reaction from the Bros Ford?

http://youtu.be/i6JLHDXb894

THIS SHIT. This, in a nutshell, is what drives me so completely crazy. Just the constant stream of smirking 5th-grade level lies and the assumption that we're all just too goddamn stupid or chickenshit to call him out on it. "I'll let the media decide on who they think who did it." FUCK YOU.

+100

Doug can't even keep his own story straight or decide who to blame, so random insinuation is all he's got.

It would be great if he were also subjected to chanting protesters or insistent questioning by a crowd - he would surely lose it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back