News   May 27, 2024
 629     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bcove.me/r6hh8ubz

I know this is preaching to the converted but here is a short video the Star just posted. A nice short summary on what's gone down so far.

On another note, unless there is wiretap on Lisi's phone for a few days from May 17 on (when the crack video story broke) it will be very difficult to tie Ford with the extortion charge.

The only glimpse of hope is that it seems the police has been holding back on wiretap info, according the Kevin Donovan's article today:

"The police have been selective in choosing wiretaps to include in the Lisi search warrant document, choosing only what they required to obtain a search warrant for Lisi’s parents home and car."

"The police wiretaps that form part of the search warrant document leave an enormous gap between April 20 (the drug party and lost phone) and the next day of note, according to the documents, May 17."

Let's hope they're saving the best for the last!

Hezza is heroin. It seems to me that they were pretty clear about that. It's not like they made up a new 'H' word for heroin and we have to guess what it really is that they are referring to... this one is cut and dried.

No, I get that. I just meant that without an actual photo, nothing's going to come of this. The guy could've been lying about it for all we know. The fact that photo "didn't go through" doesn't exactly make for bulletproof evidence either.

Mark Towhey is a real piece of work:

Mark Towhey ‏@towhey 36m
I am beginning to suspect that "dugga" and "hezza" are not actually synonyms for "twerking" after all.

Truman ‏@SnidelyBacklash 13m
@towhey How dare you make jokes when you were party to this?!! #TOpoli

Mark Towhey ‏@towhey 11m
@SnidelyBacklash "He who dares, wins" - look it up.

Truman ‏@SnidelyBacklash 3m
@towhey Funny because when I Iook at your CV and where you're going, all I see is a huge LOSER, milking his15 mins b4 gone 4ever. #TOpoli

Any takers on the de facto Ford presser/apology due sometime tomorrow afternoon? "Sincerely, sincerely, sincerely..." just seems so mundane at this point. Or will he take the high road, state his true feelings and just give a big, slobbery "f*ck you all, Toronto" shoutout?

Any takers on the de facto Ford presser/apology due sometime tomorrow afternoon? "Sincerely, sincerely, sincerely..." just seems so mundane at this point. Or will he take the high road, state his true feelings and just give a big, slobbery "f*ck you all, Toronto" shoutout?

The past is the past. Actions speaks louder than words. Subways, subways, subways.

From the Associated Press "The Big Story"

TORONTO MAYOR TO APPEAR ON DC SPORTS RADIO SHOW
BEN NUCKOLS
— Dec. 4, 2013 5:58 PM EST

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/toronto-mayor-appear-dc-sports-radio-show

Mayor Ford - a self-admitted Washington Redskins fan will be making an appearance tomorrow morning on Washington DC station WJFK to give his NFL picks . The station hopes to make this a weekly feature thereafter.

Ford may not be popular with some people at home but south of the border they still can't get enough of him!

Last edited:

BEN NUCKOLS

Mayor Ford - a self-admitted Washington Redskins fan will be making an appearance tomorrow morning on Washington DC station WJFK to give his NFL picks . The station hopes to make this a weekly feature thereafter.

Ford may not be popular with some people at home but south of the border they still can't get enough of him.

Honey Boo Boo is popular too.

1. I assumed the original post was hastily written and that the names Rob/Elena should be switched around in that, er, transaction. It certainly makes more sense that way.
2. 15 minutes?! That's very generous of you. I'd put him in the 30-60 second range.

Yes, I meant exactly that, Elena back to her old tricks.

Sorry for the confusion, drunken stupor.

P.S. Gotta love peepers, he would have fit well in the Bush administration.

BEN NUCKOLS

Ford may not be popular with some people at home but south of the border they still can't get enough of him.

Because he's a CLOWN. When did do you become such a dumbass?

http://bcove.me/r6hh8ubz
On another note, unless there is wiretap on Lisi's phone for a few days from May 17 on (when the crack video story broke) it will be very difficult to tie Ford with the extortion charge.

That's pretty much the case, IMO. It's one thing for Ford to say "Gotta get that video, whatever it takes" and quite another "go beat the crap out of these people until they give up the video." And that's assuming Rob said anything at all. It seems pretty clear that the police don't have direct evidence of Rob directing anybody to do anything illegal. And personally, I doubt he did. That would require planning, and if there's one we know about the mayor, it's that he's not bright enough to come up with a plan and follow through on it.

But even if Rob's actions don't meet legal tests of criminality, it's pretty clear that he shares in the moral responsibility for the violence surrounding this sorry state of affairs. The man is bankrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back