875     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.5K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust homicide detectives (how have DNA proof and body parts) a lot more than the word of reporters.

It may convince me a story is there but not that the person is necessarily guilty of what they said.

They saw Ford smoking something from a pipe.... how do they know it was crack? How? Because some low life drug dealers said so? Or are they also experts in knowing what people are smoking from a video? How do they know it wasn't marijuana? Or heroin? How?

Well detectives, if they really wanted to, could find out what RoFo has been exposed to. And what he has smoked himself. Anaylsis of toenail clippings (fingernail clippings are more likely to be contaminated), for metabolites of cocaine and deratives would be present.

It wouldn't be the police pressing for this however. They wouldn't press charges for having metabolites of drugs in your system. It would be public pressure, and if he was partaking he would likely refuse to do testing.

Did I say that? I understand hyperbole and conjecture are what drives a lot of the people in here.... but where did I say that?

The mayor of a city this large shouldn't be smoking ANYTHING in the company of drug dealers. Not even a cigarette.

But how the hell, did the reporters know he was smoking crack from a video? Please tell me that. Either they are experts in deducing what ppl smoke from videos... or they are taking the word of drug dealers.

If he's lighting the pipe from the bottom it's not pot or hash....is, uh, what a guy told me.

I trust homicide detectives (how have DNA proof and body parts) a lot more than the word of reporters.
Given the long history of police in this city lying, and avoiding the truth, I'd actually go with the reporters.

But I'd believe either them a lot more than the tin-foil hat crowd like FutureBuilder and CN Tower that believe things like 9/11 being done by the Americans, a faked moon landing, and that there is no video.

They saw Ford smoking something from a pipe.... how do they know it was crack? How? Because some low life drug dealers said so? Or are they also experts in knowing what people are smoking from a video? How do they know it wasn't marijuana? Or heroin? How?
Does it matter exactly what the drug was. Either way, Rob Ford has lied about it. It could have been tea leaves, and Rob Ford has lied about it. And then there his bigoted comment. How can you possibly justify such bigoted language?

First of all, no one is suggesting a criminal conviction. Second, what does the international reputation of the Star has anything to do with the claims? If one insist on this "trust" angle, I will have to remind them of Rob Ford's own record with the truth is questionable by far. Third, the unanswerable question remains - if there is no video, then why the 7 day silence? Why the turmoil in the office involving unheeded recommendations, police involvement and two adrupt resignations? As the saying goes - where there is smoke, there is a fire.

AoD

Last edited:
The New York Times is a national paper. It started out as a local, and morphed nationally. It's easy to find the New York Times in Chicago, LA, Vancouver ... pretty much anywhere. You can't find copies of the Star easily outside of Ontario. But you can find the Globe and Mail (which also morphed out of local papers) and the National Post across the nation.

You can find The Star in Montreal just as easily as you can find the Globe and Mail or the NY Times. Just saying. The Star is more national then most might think.

The mayor of a city this large shouldn't be smoking ANYTHING in the company of drug dealers. Not even a cigarette.
So you're not arguing that the video, if it exists, shows Ford doing something wrong, but merely that the reporters may have confused heroin and crack. Yet you seem to place great weight on the possibility that they may have misidentified what particular felony Ford was committing.

Seriously though, this man needs to be removed in 2014 if any progress is to be made on the transit file. Ford and Hudak's "Let's reduce waste first" are an euphemism for "Transit is not particularily important to me unless it doesn't cost money, I don't care if we build it or not."

Mayor Rob Ford denounces Metrolinx transit taxes
By: Paul Moloney City Hall Bureau reporter, Published on Tue May 28 2013

Mayor Rob Ford has blasted the Metrolinx slate of new taxes to pay for expanded public transit, saying people can’t afford them.

Metrolinx, the province’s regional transit agency, says the cost to the average household would be $477 annually while a five-person family with two cars would pay $977 a year.

The new money would come from a 1 per cent HST hike, a 5-cent-per-litre gas tax, a commercial parking levy and increased development charges to fund the Metrolinx Big Move plan.

Ford weighed in on the new measures a day after they were announced in a city hall news conference late Wednesday where he refused to answer questions about the crack video scandal.

“What I do not support is the province’s plan to slap new taxes on the back of hardworking families in this great province,†Ford said.

“I will not support any of these new taxes on the residents of Toronto who are telling me, ‘We just can’t afford it.’ They’ve said it over and over and over to me.â€

After his remarks, reporters tried to ask about the video issue. Ford wouldn’t respond and left the room after saying the news conference was called to focus only on the tax issue.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...b_ford_denounces_metrolinx_transit_taxes.html

It may convince me a story is there but not that the person is necessarily guilty of what they said.

This is how I feel. As much as I dislike Rob Ford, and wishfully hope the video is real and accurate, until it's proven, I just don't have 100% faith in this video.
And you are right, that it could be anything in the pipe. Although crack pipes and pipes for marijuana look much different. You wouldn't smoke marijuana from a crack pipe.

People are just ridiculous in North America. In most of Europe an accused person (no matter what proof against him) is not allowed to have his face shown in the media, until convicted.

What???
Seriously what planet did you come from?
Of course the media does this in Europe.

And you are right, that it could be anything in the pipe.
So the video could show Ford hanging out with crack dealers who sell crack to crack addicts, but the crack pipe he's smoking could contain cloves?

So let's get everyone's suggestions here: what else could Ford have been smoking? I'll start -- gravy.

Last edited:
So the video could show Ford hanging out with crack dealers who sell crack to crack addicts, but the crack pipe he's smoking could contain cloves?

So let's get everyone's suggestions here: what else could Ford have been smoking? I'll start -- gravy.

I choose to believe he was rehearsing for a play.

I would say it's crack myself if I saw a video of him smoking from a crack pipe. Can I prove it by watching a video without testing him as well for traces of the drug in his blood or whatever? Not really.

Actually no it is not. The Globe is considered the ONLY "newspaper of record" in Canada.

Better not let the people at La Presse hear you say that.

The Globe is a national paper and serves that purpose well (though not as well as they used to IMO), but if the only stories you ever read/believed were in national papers, you'd be left with the impression that not much of importance happens in most places on most days. Local papers are important, and we're lucky to have one that still does investigative reporting.

What???
Seriously what planet did you come from?
Of course the media does this in Europe.

Hell, if this was the UK, the phone would've been hacked weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back