2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.7K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wouldn't be that fast. indiegogo has to transfer the money first, then the seller must show up, then Gawker will have to fly up here to pick it up. (unless they are willing to email it, which wouldn't surprise me) It could very easily be on the evening news tomorrow though.

Can you just show up at a bank branch and make a $200,000 withdrawal? Would a branch have that much cash on hand, or do they need some advance notice to set that up?

So as I understand it, the only occurrence that could trigger a by-election is if Ford actually resigned, correct? And once he has done so, council is under no obligation to actually call an election, but could simply appoint someone to finish the term, right?

I'm guessing that, at this point, there are not enough Fordists on council to support calling an election if Ford resigns. Anyone more in the know want to make an educated guess as to how such a vote would play out?

You're absolutely right. Council would more than likely appoint an interim mayor.

^^He may be on to something there. A half-dozen people I talked to today had conversations with Ford diehards over the weekend. A remarkable level of lunacy exists in this city.

I spoke with one over the weekend. It is amazing how misinformed they are about the... facts. I cannot emphasize how important it was for the Globe to jump in with their Saturday article. Ford Nation can no longer parrot the line about the Toronto Star just doing their thing etc.

Steven LeDrew is such a f*cking idiot (excuse my language).

He's on CP24 saying that the two staffers just happened to have a better job offer that just happend to be on the same day as these murder revelations and the Crackstarter success.

Someone to get this idiot off the air.

He's on CP24 saying that the two staffers just happened to have a better job offer that just happend to be on the same day as these murder revelations and the Crackstarter success.

He said he was being tongue in cheek, it was pretty funny

That's too bad, but know that you and your source have done your city a great service.

Any chance that Ford caught on to the leak and is cleaning house? Taking 'resignations' so it doesn't look like he's losing his shit?

Sounds like major tinfoil-hattery but at this point I'd believe anything. Whether or not the Fords are involved in criminal activity, they sure seem to run their offices like a criminal enterprise.

No, the two definitely resigned. My source had reported on Friday that they were going to think it over the weekend and probably resign on Monday.

Are you sure he's not being sarcastic? I knew he's pro-Ford, but come on...

I think he was joking.

On a rather unrelated note, how irritated must the IndieGoGo people be that such a high profile campaign has been dubbed "Crackstarter"? If the Gawker folks had been nice, they would have called it "CrackFordGoGo" or something similar.

I'm guessing that, at this point, there are not enough Fordists on council to support calling an election if Ford resigns. Anyone more in the know want to make an educated guess as to how such a vote would play out?

I've been wracking my brain to figure out who is a 'Fordist' anymore on Council. Everyone from Mammoliti to Holyday seems to be distancing themselves from the Fords even in such a benign way as Holyday saying he wouldn't have made the same decisions as Ford. At this point I'd think the only hardcore support he'd find on Council is Nunziata (and his brother of course).

It's hard to imagine who but the most tone-deaf (see: Nunziata) would stick their neck out for these two clowns at this point, when Ford's own staff is dropping like flies. One thing that both sides seem to agree on is that Ford is little more than a distraction from the real work at City Hall, so them voting, en masse, for an election might not be so far-fetched.

Honestly, it's not like Ford can go on junkets to the States or be taken seriously as a representative for the City anymore.

Can you just show up at a bank branch and make a $200,000 withdrawal? Would a branch have that much cash on hand, or do they need some advance notice to set that up?

I think you've seen too many movies... I doubt this is going to be a cash-in-the-suitcase type of deal. But who knows.

I think we may hit the goal by 4pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back