Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

3. And 1 which could be the start of a concrete core, as it is central in tower 1's future location, and has some steel on the ground around it.

Well, so far it's a Comedil Tower Crane, and it is along the south side of the site, but it looked too far east to me to be riding up one of the future elevator shafts of the west tower.

wow, crane's been up for a day, and still no pic??:rolleyes:

tsk, tsk...

second crane should be up (The Edge reported Yorkville Ave between Yonge and Bay was closed all day today for crane installation)

Taken this morning.

Attachments

• 4seas1.jpg
    4seas1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 4seas2.jpg
    4seas2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 317
couple more pics posted by Jasonzed over at SSC...

mississauga446.jpg

mississauga447.jpg

but it looked too far east to me to be riding up one of the future elevator shafts of the west tower.

They don't use the elevator shafts for the cranes. Look at any site and you'll notice the hole for the crane is only large enough to fit the crane. And this size is too small for an elevator. Also notice that there's generally no other openings close to the crane. Elevators are located next to each other so you'd expect to find additional openings right next to the crane.

Check this photo of X. Elevators are in the core area. Cranes are further out.

Attachments

• 2965413973_5f0b2e89ae_b.jpg
    2965413973_5f0b2e89ae_b.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 293
They don't use the elevator shafts for the cranes. Look at any site and you'll notice the hole for the crane is only large enough to fit the crane. And this size is too small for an elevator. Also notice that there's generally no other openings close to the crane. Elevators are located next to each other so you'd expect to find additional openings right next to the crane.

Check this photo of X. Elevators are in the core area. Cranes are further out.

I know how cranes grow at the top, but how exactly are the bottom of the cranes hoisted up from floor to floor?

The concrete pad on the ground seems good enough to hold up a crane, but once you start to jack it up onto higher floors, what's holding it then? How do you even lift the thing up in the first place?

Last edited:
They don't hoist them from the bottom, they hoist them from the middle of the mast, at every floor slab

I know how cranes grow at the top, but wow exactly are the bottom of the cranes hoisted up from floor to floor?

The concrete pad on the ground seems good enough to hold up a crane, but once you start to jack it up onto higher floors, what's holding it then? How do you even lift the thing up in the first place?

They are braced to the floors that hold them in place. Half the crane is always below the floor they are currently working on. The use the floor slabs as a brace when jack up the crane.

Back