Toronto Gläs Condos | ?m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

November 4 2008 update

Glas looking pretty much completed ~ :)

South View (not for long ... soon to be blocked by Charlie)
IMG_2471.jpg

Glas looking pretty much completed ~ :)

South View (not for long ... soon to be blocked by Charlie)
IMG_2471.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the update, I was wondering if anyone had anything new on the building since I hadn't been to T.O. in a little while.
I'm so excited.

So which one is it on Charlie, occupancy for 2011 or the parking lot will be there until 2011?

In this economy? Impossible to say before construction is well underway! Mike in TO or Observer Walt - do either of you two have sales stats for Charlie?

So which one is it on Charlie, occupancy for 2011 or the parking lot will be there until 2011?

From their website:
"Both outside and in, Charlie sets the stage for fashionable city living in a vibrant and eclectic neighbourhood. Studios, one-bedroom, one-bedroom-plus-den, two-bedroom, two-bedroom-plus-den suites range in size from 413 to 1,775 sq. ft. and are priced from $248,990 to $1,053,990. Occupancy is slated for Fall 2011."

Which means construction won't be starting until at least early 2009.

Time for Glas-dwellers to get in some view-time.

From my window looking down on the construction site, it appears that construction has ground to a halt. Every morning this week (at least) I see a whole whack of people standing in front of the alley way at Charlotte blocking anything from getting in. I also haven't heard the usual loud & annoying construction noise that starts at 7am. (Really? 7am? Why is construction allowed to start at 7am? 8am would be a little more appropriate.) I wonder if there's some sort of strike or job action.

I see contractors working inside every day. There are guys working on the lobby visible from the Oxley street side.

Yesterday I noticed a couple of banners on the Charlotte St side saying "Labour Dispute" so yes I think that there are some labour issues on site. That being said there were clearly some workers walking along the balconies.

Weird, so some are getting through and others aren't. Maybe they're letting in drywall and floor guys, but not appliance guys, or something like that.

Back