Toronto Gläs Condos | ?m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

First time poster, how riveting, ha.

Anyways, so ...... I'm someone whose window faces the other building. I totally fell in love with the building, the concept and especially my unit's layout (not to mention the location). I hastily convinced my parents to help me purchase it, yadda yadda yadda, and am quite excited to move in. Now it's nothing grand, and it's on the third floor.
Now, though I don't have any doubts, I'm just wondering how little light will seep into the unit once Charlie goes up. Has anyone ever experienced something like this?
(Should mention the obvious that my unit will be facing south ie Charlie).

I'm a student so it's not like I really care about having someone else looking into the unit (plus I'm hoping that by the time Charlie is up, I'll be working overseas). And the lack of light doesn't really affect me either because I'm never really home during the day, except for sundays and that's usually spent watching sports. Plus, it's not like it's a hassle to simply walk out if the lack of light is really bothering me.

Nevertheless, I'm just interested if anyone has ever dealt with anything like this. It seems like it would be somewhat cool and very city like, especially at night when you can see other units' lights on etc...

Plus, after countless delays, they're saying that lower level suckers such as myself will be able to move in at the end of november/early december. Does that seem realistic? I saw fridges being put in last week (though I have no clue what that really means).

p.s. thanks for all the pics being put up, they're totally great, considering I'm rarely in the area due to school and living in oakville whenever I'm back.

I would not worry about it...you will lose light obviously, but in the long run your unit will hold its value and always rent...and if all goes well when you graduate your parents can sell the unit and offset the cost of your university education by the profit....

First time poster, how riveting, ha.

Anyways, so ...... I'm someone whose window faces the other building. I totally fell in love with the building, the concept and especially my unit's layout (not to mention the location). I hastily convinced my parents to help me purchase it, yadda yadda yadda, and am quite excited to move in. Now it's nothing grand, and it's on the third floor.
Now, though I don't have any doubts, I'm just wondering how little light will seep into the unit once Charlie goes up. Has anyone ever experienced something like this?
(Should mention the obvious that my unit will be facing south ie Charlie).

I'm a student so it's not like I really care about having someone else looking into the unit (plus I'm hoping that by the time Charlie is up, I'll be working overseas). And the lack of light doesn't really affect me either because I'm never really home during the day, except for sundays and that's usually spent watching sports. Plus, it's not like it's a hassle to simply walk out if the lack of light is really bothering me.

Nevertheless, I'm just interested if anyone has ever dealt with anything like this. It seems like it would be somewhat cool and very city like, especially at night when you can see other units' lights on etc...

Plus, after countless delays, they're saying that lower level suckers such as myself will be able to move in at the end of november/early december. Does that seem realistic? I saw fridges being put in last week (though I have no clue what that really means).

p.s. thanks for all the pics being put up, they're totally great, considering I'm rarely in the area due to school and living in oakville whenever I'm back.

ah nice to hear some positive thinking... vs all the fusspots who normally occupy this forum

i have a unit high up in a highrise with a "breathtaking" view of the city... a panoramic view all the way around from west to south east. and you know what? half the time i close my curtains and dont bother opening them. my lamps provide more than enough light during that time. The view is great... but I could live happily without out. I'm sure it won't bother you at all.

I think a lot will depend on your own personality, no? I'd slit my throat with those lighting conditions but i absolutely need natural light and sunshine when possible. That's me though. I know lots of people who are completely fine with drawn curtains and lights during the day. The point is, only you can determine if this is going to bother you and you'll really have to wait until you are in to determine how much light you will get and when, and if this is adequate for you or not.

Yeah, I should be fine with it. Though having the sun shine down into my bedroom is an obvious perk, it's not a huge loss or detriment.
Like I said, the balcony to balcony view, especially at night with the lights on and the city noise is charming to me, especially since it's only a temporary living situation (3 years at most).

To those who took pictures recently and have an reasonable understanding on how building these projects work, how realistic is the December '08 move-in for the lower floor units?
Like I said, I noticed a fridge in the third floor units, but if that's of any valuable indication is beyond me.

I don't think it will be that bad... Charlie will have some green space on top of the 2 storey podium which will at least act as a buffer between both projects.

2789042314_dfd4bc8c48.jpg

I think units in the western portion of GLAS facing south would be OK, at least you have a unobstructed view if you look straight out (south) with Charlie on your left and Hudson on your right, its like looking down an alley I guess with Charlie's podium shown in the pic above

however, if a unit in the east part of GLAS facing south, it would be looking right into Charlie (tower) within an arm's reach ... me thinks it is too 'in your face' ... but thats me

That's an exaggeration. There's a wide lane between Glas and Charlie. They aren't butting right up against each other. It will read like a building across the street, just like Fashion House and 455 Adelaide.

you're right grey ... "an arm's reach" was a figure of speech ... but you must certainly agree a laneway in this part of town is pretty narrow ~ especially since both GLAS and Charlie are built VERY close to their property lines

... and further, welcome to the big city in glass boxes! All of these glass-walled, minimalist boxes may be sexy but one has to question just how suited they are for day to day living. Better invest in some air-raid shelter curtains.

... and further, welcome to the big city in glass boxes! All of these glass-walled, minimalist boxes may be sexy but one has to question just how suited they are for day to day living. Better invest in some air-raid shelter curtains.

What do you mean? How are they a detriment to day to day living?

All I can say is, welcome to living in a big city ;)

Hahah I'm looking forward to it. I've always lived just on the outskirts of big cities in aired out/big yard houses (Oakville, Beachside Tripoli, Outskirts of Paris and Florence) so this will be totally different.

Back