News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 665     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 934     0 

TTC: Streetcar Network

There are transit drivers regardless of the systems who run red lights on a a regular base. Been on a fair number vehicles to the point the driver was risking people lives when they clearly could stop safety in the first place running the light.

Transit drivers are like traffic drivers who run lights and most likely do it off shift as well.

If a police officer sees a streetcar running a light and fail to stop it, it only compounding the risk of someone getting hit at a future date and saying its ok to do so. Assuming the officer is in a vehicle. The officer can note the time, location and car number to have a ticket issues at a later time.

As we suspected, King Street seems to be being closed for the TIFF - Sept 8-11. Nothing on TTC website but City workers are busily putting up the orange signage.

Nothing screws up the streetcar system like this does, year after year. I just really hope the city puts its foot down once the John Street redesign is completed.

and the King Street 'transit mall' is completed properly (2024?)
Unfortunately, the city and the organizers of TIFF don't care about transit users they only care about keeping their sponsors happy. What they should do instead is take some of that money and do what Metrolink is doing for Queen street for the Ontario line construction diversion and paying for the diversion track to be built for it. If TIFF brings in so much money why can't they use some of it to have the TTC streetcars to be able to bypass the area better than they do now.

Surprise surprise, Toronto Hydro strikes again... The work at the intersection of Carlton/Church is delayed. Here is the reply I received from the city:
The project is delayed until September 21st because the City’s contractor encountered a shallow Toronto Hydro chamber at the intersection. The depth was such that it affected the installation of the new rails, so the City has been working with Toronto Hydro on a resolution.

I've been watching the progress on one of the city's traffic cameras. Take note of the giant wooden board. That is where the shallow hydro chamber was discovered.

loc8035.jpg

Surprise surprise, Toronto Hydro strikes again... The work at the intersection of Carlton/Church is delayed. Here is the reply I received from the city:

I've been watching the progress on one of the city's traffic cameras. Take note of the giant wooden board. That is where the shallow hydro chamber was discovered.

loc8035.jpg
I suspect that the newer way of laying TTC track (on a more permanent concrete slab) means the foundations for the track are lower so I am not surprised they occasionally run into problems with 'other stuff' that is in the way. The question is will Toronto hydro be able to lower its equipment so that the track can be finished by 21 September! (Looking at the photo really shows how useful a west to south curve would have been and how comparatively easy it would have been to install it. Of course, the TTC forgot it had been approved by the Board several years ago....)

I agree; but to add, missed opportunities........., not always due to politics are certainly a thing of many agencies........

I walked by the Church/Carlton reconstruction today, where the TTC having dug up the intersection, is, of course, failing to reinstall all the missing curves, just like it did at Broadview/Gerrard a few years ago............

And as I walked by, observing the robust crew of 7........not one doing a damn thing............not even drinking coffee.........5 appeared to be waiting on two to resolve something.......

My hearing being 1/2 decent........I caught this much......." yah, that's not right..............what can we do; they'll have to make an adjustment"

Adjust what I don't know, there was obviously some new rail laid......but I was in the midst errands, so didn't stay to assess things more clearly.

The above is from a discussion in the GO Transit thread, posted last Saturday............

Below, @elcorrerador 's post now explains what that 'adjustment likely was......

loc8035.jpg

loc8035.jpg
Coordination is HARD.

Construction Notice for the Russell Cathouse Carhouse.

Saw it posted in a local Leslieville FB group where some have concerns about noise, traffic, and local business impacts.

FB_IMG_1662162777826.jpg

Last edited:
Construction Notice for the Russell Cathouse.

Saw it posted in a local Leslieville FB group where some have concerns about noise, traffic, and local business impacts.
I understand there are some safety concerns about the Russel Cathouse too... :p
cats-cat-house.gif

Back