Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

I think you get the rebate, as the builder built the HST in the purchase price. You are supposed to get the rebate if you (or your relative) live in the condo.You should get a rebate even if you rent it out to someone for at least a year.

I think you get the rebate, as the builder built the HST in the purchase price. You are supposed to get the rebate if you (or your relative) live in the condo.You should get a rebate even if you rent it out to someone for at least a year.
I don’t think so, the hst is paid by the builder unless you are renting it out, in which case they make you pay it and then you have to apply for the rebate. So the rebate does not go to primary residence buyers but to the builder. This happens to be the second onni to project I’ve bought and moved in to and I never got an hst rebate.

Thanks Abz. You are correct. I made an error, as this is my first time purchasing a precontruction. The builder claims it on our behalf and this is built in the purchase price.

Reactions: Abz
I was very surprised to see that my monthly maintenance fees are $467 (1+1, parking, locker). I expected it to be much lower since it is a new building. Anyone else unpleasantly surprised by this? Any chance it will go down?

Reactions: Abz
Maintenance fees don’t go down.
How much does that work out to per square foot? I’m Toronto, the average is 50 cents. Remember that the parking portion is separate from the condo portion

And even when they are (usually artificially) low the first year, they take a big jump the second year to actually pay the real costs.

Maintenance fees don’t go down.
How much does that work out to per square foot? I’m Toronto, the average is 50 cents. Remember that the parking portion is separate from the condo portion

And even when they are (usually artificially) low the first year, they take a big jump the second year to actually pay the real costs.
It works out to about $0.66 per square foot

Security is a huge cost. If you want good security, you have to pay for it. If you are paying for an executive concierge, that's an additional cost. The management contract and cleaning contracts are the other big drivers of costs. Often, once the board gets in, they end up swapping out companies so there may be some changes there. We initially had a budget line for activity staff for our pool area, but we never used it and saved $$.

Last edited:
I was very surprised to see that my monthly maintenance fees are $467 (1+1, parking, locker). I expected it to be much lower since it is a new building. Anyone else unpleasantly surprised by this? Any chance it will go down?
Yes I’m extremely unpleasantly surprised with mine. I don’t think it Will go down unfortunately:( but I lived accross the street for 7 years (same builder) and they never increased much at all over the course of that whole time . ($20 in 7 years) not sure if it will be the same scenario

Yes I’m extremely unpleasantly surprised with mine. I don’t think it Will go down unfortunately:( but I lived accross the street for 7 years (same builder) and they never increased much at all over the course of that whole time . ($20 in 7 years) not sure if it will be the same scenario
I hope that is the case, at least! Just wondering... do your fees equal about $0.66 per square feet also?

Last edited:
According to the price list of July 2019, the Maintenance Fee is quoted as $0.54 / sq . foot (excluding hydro). This includes footage of locker and parking spot. I'm not sure if this is what your fee works out to.

According to the price list of July 2019, the Maintenance Fee is quoted as $0.54 / sq . foot (excluding hydro). This includes footage of locker and parking spot. I'm not sure if this is what your fee works out to.
Nope, mine works out to $0.66/sq foot… :(

Back