Toronto home: Power and Adelaide | 78.33m | 22s | Great Gulf | Core Architects

040787BF-1EC5-49F2-A303-A4A8321FA4C2.jpeg

Does anyone know if traffic lights are to be installed at the intersections of Power/Richmond and Power/Adelaide?
Pedestrian crossing at these corners is often difficult and dangerous with drivers racing off the overpass.

Does anyone know if traffic lights are to be installed at the intersections of Power/Richmond and Power/Adelaide?
Pedestrian crossing at these corners is often difficult and dangerous with drivers racing off the overpass.
I think so… it was in the drawing.

If this is to be believed, they are coming:

Toronto and East York Community Council consideration on June 25, 2019
TE7.121
ACTION​
Adopted​
Delegated​
Ward: 13​
Improving Road Safety on Power Street between Richmond Street East and Adelaide Street East
Community Council Decision
The Toronto and East York Community Council:

1. Requested the General Manager, Transportation Services, to review and to immediately install temporary safety improvements to Power Street, Adelaide Street East, and Richmond Street East prior to signal installation in 2021; and to report back to the Toronto and East York Community Council on September 16, 2019 on these changes.​

What do you like about this project? Honestly, I'm struggling and would love some help, lol.

I actually thought I'd have a quick answer but I really don't. I realize there are small elements that I like like the glass on certain elevations but it's really not an attractive building.
I kinda like the overbearing and dystopian look. It looks ominous in a sort of Blade Runner way in @f_gho's night time photos.

But I realize it's a pretty cheaply made building because of the many mullions and transoms in the window wall, plus the glassy ground level retail. They also made no effort to disguise the back painted panels like the East 55 building.

Back