Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
This site really has a sense of hubbub and always working like a well-oiled machine. I don't think there are many other sites that are moving at the pace that this building is moving at, at least in my opinion.

The fact that the overall site is fairly large also helps with this, I think as it allows for multiple activities to occur concurrently where other sites are more constrained due to the size of the site.
i think generally speaking, office towers go up way quicker than residential.

This site really has a sense of hubbub and always working like a well-oiled machine. I don't think there are many other sites that are moving at the pace that this building is moving at, at least in my opinion.

The fact that the overall site is fairly large also helps with this, I think as it allows for multiple activities to occur concurrently where other sites are more constrained due to the size of the site.

i think generally speaking, office towers go up way quicker than residential.
I left this thread alone for a few weeks thinking "how much work could they possibly have done?" Boy was I wrong 😅

I couldn't believe how fast this thing progressed. From the time I first saw them put the fence up, to how quick it was excavated and that steel part on the south side was up. Very impressive.

Here is a comparison from almost the same vantage point. Photo credit @mburrrrr. I forgot to save the date of the first photo, so I'll edit this post once I find the original post again. Edit: Jan 17, 2021 is the first pic and Aug 28th, 2021 is the second picture.
1631107030771.png

Photo credits @mburrrrr. Taken August 28th, 2021.
1631107060863.png

Last edited:
Um...so those standing I-beams stuck in there in rows like that: Are they part of the new tower being installed? Or a relic of something bygone that no longer exists there that is slated for removal?

Does anyone know the area of development that they're pouring concrete on Bay st is going to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked back at the Phase 1 build and looks like it took less than 30 months to move from excavation completion... to topping out (and 80% clad)... astonishing to me at least.

Useless timeline projection: if Phase 2 climbs at a similar pace, it should top out when "The One" (currently forming the 5th tower level walls etc.) is at level 35 or so... assumes a magical (impossible?) acceleration in tower progress to one floor a month, now that the most complicated above grade work seems largely complete (5 tower levels, south podium, west elevators etc).

Back